Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been trying to make sure my wheel/tire combo won't be too big for the UCA's I want.

Camburg says max size is 33x12.5 on a 18x9 wheel with max backspacing 5.75" for their UCA's

I currently have 295/65/18 tires on 18x9.5 wheels with +25mm offset.

Can my wheel/tire combo work with the UCA's I want??? I'd call a tire/4x4 shop if I could and ask myself, but I'm deployed and have limited communication w the real world:eek:

any help would be greatly appreciated

· Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anybody?!?!?

· Premium Member
91 Posts
backspace for +25 offset is 5.98 but your tires are only 11.5 wide so that still gives you a little over half an inch to spare. I'd say you'll be fine

Reactions: Raven976

· Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
backspace for +25 offset is 5.98 but your tires are only 11.5 wide so that still gives you a little over half an inch to spare. I'd say you'll be fine
Thanks bro. I finally found a post here that explained how to do the conversion for my backspacing and I too came up with the 5.98" offset, or just to be safe...6" With the tires only being 11.5" wide, I think I would be safe as well. Where did you get the info on my tires only being 11.5" wide:confused:

· Premium Member
91 Posts
I just use 1010tires.com tire size calculator to check sizes. I use it all the time to compare and see what'll fit. It'll also tell you some of the tires available for any given size you search all on the same page. HTH

· Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How'd you come up with 5.98" offset? I calculated mine at 6.25"? I took my wheel width (9.5) added 1 then divided by 2 (10.5/1) to get 5.25, then took the +25mm offset divided it by 25.4 since 1"=25.4mm which gave me .98. I then added 5.25 and .98 to get 6.23" rounded up to 6.25" I'm confused. I used the formula from discount tire's web site...

· Premium Member
91 Posts
That makes sense. My backspace is 5.98 on 9 inches wide with +25 offset. So if your wheels are another half inch wider that puts 1/4 inch more lip on the inside making it about 6 1/4 backspace. At first I thought we had the same wheel specs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.