Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

· Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My truck just hit 50k miles. From day 1 I wanted a cat-back system, but the money wasn't there.

Now that spring is here, I'm really getting the itch: Plus the factory exhaust is a nice brown-steel color, thanks to the rust. So what better time to bite the bullet?

I've basically narrowed it down to the TRD True Dual and the Corsa Sport. I was looking for an exhaust that adds some rumble and grunt, but doesn't drone at speed, nor does it wake the neighbors when I get home from work at 1am.

I have always had a thing for the Corsa (especially that signature cold-start rumble), and the reviews are all positive. Their claim to fame of being drone-free is quite appealing... I was worried about it being too loud at first, but it seems it's not that bad.

The TRD has a few more positives as far as I can see: First, it's marketed by the people that made the damn truck: so it must be quality. I like the fact that the tailpipes are one solid piece. It's a clean look. And as much as I really LOVE the Corsa single-side exit, dual tips, the fact that a pipe-clamp is present at the tip sort of looks cheesy to me (not to mention, I'd be a little worried about some punk walking away with my Tips some night..)

I have some reservations about the TRD exhaust as well: Is it truly drone-free? Is there enough of an improvement in sound to justify the high cost? Is it too mild-sounding of an exhaust? And what do they use to fill it? (I know Corsa has a steel-baffling system, which has a weird appeal to me).

So, fellas, are you able to sway a guy who wants an exhaust for his truck one way vs the other, even though he hasn't been able to hear either exhaust in person???

Thanks!

· Registered
8,147 Posts
TRD. Quiet at cruise (as long as you go easy on the accelerator, you won't wake up the neighborhood). No drone, even when I was hauling stuff through PA mountains. The new true dual system has deeper and 'meaner' growl and brings smile to my face every time I start the truck.

· Registered
7,532 Posts
Actually.....it can be made quieter than either of the above, or louder. Your choice. That's why everyone is chiming in and recommending it to ya:) it's not 1 system fits all, each system is suited to the person who owns the truck it's going on.

I'm always researching different muffler sizes with various configurations. I don't release a product until it has been thoroughly tested.

Best thing to do is to give me a call and we can go over singles versus duals, a d what type of sound you're looking for. You'll find the end product is exactly what you wanted your truck to sound like.

· Chief of Grammar Police
3,615 Posts
I love my Corsa but Keith is doing some awesome work over there at DirtyDeeds Industries. I am sure he can make you a setup that is as passive or aggressive as you want. That is a very interesting setup he has now using the TRD tailpipes.

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

· Chief of Grammar Police
3,615 Posts
Actually.....it can be made quieter than either of the above, or louder. Your choice. That's why everyone is chiming in and recommending it to ya:) it's not 1 system fits all, each system is suited to the person who owns the truck it's going on.

I'm always researching different muffler sizes with various configurations. I don't release a product until it has been thoroughly tested.

Best thing to do is to give me a call and we can go over singles versus duals, a d what type of sound you're looking for. You'll find the end product is exactly what you wanted your truck to sound like.
LOL What Keith said!

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

· Premium Member
2,012 Posts
........Bamufler sounds good but looks cheap :/
Hey Man, you got one thing right, the BAmuffler does sound good, but one thing is for sure and that is that the BAmuffler is built with the Best materials and each is custom hand made. You can even call Keith who made over 500 sets. I watched my mufflers being built, then installed. He's a "one of a kind dude", just like his BAmufflers. B A stands for BAD ASSS and thats exactly what I run with daily on my Turbo, his mufflers Rock!

· Registered
1,206 Posts

· Registered
2,506 Posts
Bamufler sounds good but looks cheap :/
Just because it doesn't comes with anything shiny so it looks cheap? One thing i know for sure Keith muffler will not falls apart when it got hit by a small piece of rock on the road :lol5:

Let put it this way, if you want to impress your mechanic, get the corsa because it is a true blink blink. If you want quality, performance and it's just matte black then go with BAmuffler. Who would crawl under your truck to see what muffler you are running. If the tip makes that much of a different then add a tip with BAmuffler :D

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.