Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Yeah, super easy fix. Head to the auto parts store and pick up a clay bar kit. Mothers and Clay Magic are commonly found there. Cut the bar into 4 pieces, wash the truck as you normally would, then rinse. Next mix a fresh solution of soap and water and use that as the lube for the clay. Take one of your pieces and fold it flat, lube a panel very well with your wash solution and gently glide the clay back and forth over the panel in the direction that the wind would flow over it of the truck were moving. On a white truck you'll easily be able to see the specks coming out of the paint. Use plenty of lube and work from panel to panel until you've got them all out. If you drop a piece on the ground...throw it out.

You'll have to wax or seal the paint afterwards.
Good advice here. I have noticed the same spots on my truck. I also have noticed some dull spots on the hood. I know this is a problem on super white tundras, I just don't think it is bad enough that the dealer would do anything about it. I'm gonna try the clay bar out this weekend if weather permits

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 1 of 1 Posts