Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts
Yeah, super easy fix. Head to the auto parts store and pick up a clay bar kit. Mothers and Clay Magic are commonly found there. Cut the bar into 4 pieces, wash the truck as you normally would, then rinse. Next mix a fresh solution of soap and water and use that as the lube for the clay. Take one of your pieces and fold it flat, lube a panel very well with your wash solution and gently glide the clay back and forth over the panel in the direction that the wind would flow over it of the truck were moving. On a white truck you'll easily be able to see the specks coming out of the paint. Use plenty of lube and work from panel to panel until you've got them all out. If you drop a piece on the ground...throw it out.

You'll have to wax or seal the paint afterwards.

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts
I have this issue too. I had never heard of rail dust before.

Haven't had the truck a year yet, took it to dealer and they said it's not covered under the warranty as it is considered 'environmental', however, they will take care of it for me. Hopefully I can leave it with them for a day next week and it'll be like new again.

Why waste a whole day with your truck at the dealer? You can fix this yourself in about 20 minutes, and you'll do a much better job than they ever would. This is a very simple fix.

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts
Jumbo, i queried in a diff thread and you recommended some iron cut type product. is that gonna be easier than clay? My spots are more numerous....Thanks for all your help and advice.....awesome help!

Yes, you could use Aquartz Iron Cut before the clay, but you'll still need to clay afterwards. Iron Cut will eat away and loosen up the deep deposits, then clay will take out the remaining particles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts