Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

Seeking some advice here on a 2014 Tundra DC.

During the lockdown, my battery in my truck finally bit the dust, and I had to replace it. Since then, my factory backup camera no longer works. I have an aftermarket Pioneer AVH 2300NEX head unit with the Maestro iDatalink. Everything worked perfectly fine before it, but now I just get a blank black screen. A few weeks ago, I installed a secondary camera on the other video input as a baby monitor and tested the camera port at the same, and the port on the head-unit is still working fine. Tried hooking the backup camera to the other port, and still nothing. I figured the camera bit the dust too, so I ordered a new one. Low and behold, it still doesn't work. Tried cycling through all the camera input settings on the head unit, and still nothing. Checked the micro-fuses under the dash, and they looked fine to me, but I'm not 100% sure which/if a fuse powers the camera.

At this point, I have verified that all of the plugs that feed from the head unit / back into the wiring harness are receiving power. However, I am not getting power at the plug in the tailgate. I disconnected the plug under the bed, and verified that I am not getting power there either. Thus, at this point it seems like I am losing power between the head unit and the camera itself. I looked under the truck and did not see any loose connections or anything else. I am really stumped at this point. Does the camera power feed through a fuse or something somewhere? :(

TIA

·
Registered
1 Posts
cant solve the problem ..but add to it..went to Interstate and got a new battery friday 7/24 , got a 2010 limited w/ factory display in dash for backup , phone , radio, cd , bluetooh, NAV , it all died when the new battery was hooked up !!
and I replaced this battery 2 years back w/. no problems >> going to the dealer Tuesday.. certain it is processor related failure from battery sway

1 - 2 of 2 Posts