Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No idea how it got there, but I noticed last night that I have spray paint on the passenger side rear door of my Tundra DC. Kinda like someone did a test spray in the parking lot to make sure it worked. There's a gazillion tiny paint spots on the door, and some drifted onto the front of the bed.

Does anyone know if/how I can remove the spray paint without damaging the Tundra paint?

Thanks
Eric

· Premium Member
2,270 Posts
Edit: removed my wetsanding idea - clay bar!

· Premium Member
2,270 Posts
that's sweet. i knew a clay would take off PD overspray easy, but spray paint? NICE!

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone!! I used a clay bar on it last night, and it does come off. It's not easy, but I was able to get it all off of the door.

Hmmm, might have to give the paint thinner a try, there is some on the front of the bed I could try it on.

Oh, and as you would expect. It was white paint on my black Tundra.

Thanks Again!!

· Registered
1,030 Posts
Gasoline will work just fine.. no matter what you use, just make sure you go over that area with a good wax and what not.. I got super glue off the side of my door with gas and some crap someone on here told me about.

· Premium Member
220 Posts
Acetone or lacquer thinner. I own a detailing business and use it all the time on paint. It will strip your wax though....

· Premium Member
220 Posts
You own a detailing business? Acetone???
Jeezus!
I have owned it for 13 years. Technically it is a detailing and restoration business. I do a lot of paint work and I fix a lot of jobs (screw ups) from body shops. Acetone has a very fast evaporation rate and will not harm cured paint. I am more likely to use acetone to clean something off of paint these days because thank to nobama, the newer thinners evaporate much slower and can be more harmful because of a slower evaporation rate. If you new half of what dealers and detailing businesses use to clean things, people would crap themselves. We are educated and know what we are doing... Some aerosol adhesive removers are good cleaners too because of the high evaporation rate...

· Registered
1,030 Posts
In the military we used a dry cleaning solvant called Mil Spec - PD680..

Best stuff I the world to clean anything.. but they disbanded it because it caused cancer faster than the cigarettes I was smoking

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.