Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought a 2" Supreme Suspensions Level Kit a few weeks ago. Finally got around to putting it in this afternoon. I forgot to take measurements before the install:banghead:. But after installing the kit, the passenger side is 39" (floor to wheel well) front and back and the drivers side is 38-1/2" back and 39" front. Yes, 1/2" higher in the FRONT! WTF!! I went with a 2" because I wanted a little rake and didn't need to go 3/1 with the tires I'm getting (285/65/18). So did they send me the wrong kit? The actual spacer thickness is 1-1/2" I called them but of course, tech support didn't know what the actual thickness was supposed to be and would get back to me. I won't hold my breath. Anyone know what the actual spacer thickness is supposed to be for a 2" lift?

·
Registered
701 Posts
You usually get twice the lift of what the spacer is.. so 1-1/2" spacers should come out to 3" of lift.

That is odd though that your drivers side is higher than your passenger side. It usually works out that the drivers side sits lower in the front.

·
Registered
701 Posts
You got the right kit and it turned out right. It is a "leveling" kit and for all intents and purposes your truck is level now. If you wanted rake you could have done a 2/1.

You can buy a block or add a leaf and get the rake you wanted now.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the quick replies. I understand that there will be some variation, but after all my research, I never found anyone who ended up nose high after a 2" lift/level. Unfortunately when you look at the truck it "looks" like it's more than a 1/2" nose high. It's rather disappointing to spend a few hours and $70 and not be happy with the results. I get new tires installed tomorrow, so maybe that will help the look. I am planing on ordering airbags so that may lift the rear some, but there is conflicting reports whether airbags actually give any lift or not. Not sure what to do next...different spacers, shackles, airbags....?

An alignment isn't going to change the height at all is it?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
At what point do I need to consider a differential drop? 2-1/2" or 3". Since I don't know how much lift I actually gained, how would I know?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Yup, for the cheap cost and easy installation, the diff drop will give that little bit of insurance that the axle angle is better

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
13,894 Posts
Remove that topper and you will be back to being higher in the rear...

Also, sit in it, the dr side will lower down some.

Depending on full tank, empty tank, you will also find variation...

Reactions: JEMGN

·
Registered
408 Posts
I bought a 2" Supreme Suspensions Level Kit a few weeks ago. Finally got around to putting it in this afternoon. I forgot to take measurements before the install:banghead:. But after installing the kit, the passenger side is 39" (floor to wheel well) front and back and the drivers side is 38-1/2" back and 39" front. Yes, 1/2" higher in the FRONT! WTF!! I went with a 2" because I wanted a little rake and didn't need to go 3/1 with the tires I'm getting (285/65/18). So did they send me the wrong kit? The actual spacer thickness is 1-1/2" I called them but of course, tech support didn't know what the actual thickness was supposed to be and would get back to me. I won't hold my breath. Anyone know what the actual spacer thickness is supposed to be for a 2" lift?
for 2" of lift, your spacer should be 1.25". anyone who says otherwise is smokin crack. the ratio is 1.6" lift for each 1" spacer

·
Registered
189 Posts
+1 topper could make a difference.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I would bet good money that they sent me the wrong spacers. I appreciate all the suggestions (fuel, topper, humidity, paranormal activity, etc) but I don't "think" it's anything but they screwed up. Guy at the Discount Tires said he noticed it as I pulled, up. But he was nice and didn't say anything until I did. Looks stupid don't it? We'll see after I have new tires on it (in about 10 minutes) whether I lift the back or replace the spacers in the front.

Attachments

·
Registered
320 Posts
I would throw a set of coachbuilder shackles on it and be done. Maybe the +3 to help with the shell weight and any towing you may do. Definitely looks like a 3" spacer was installed.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
remove the topper and whatever is stored under it and I'll bet my first born's 3rd nut after an alignment it sits right

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just talked to Supreme again and they said their 2" leveling spacer kit is indeed 1-1/2" thick. Oh well. Probably do Coach's +2. I'm putting airbags, bushings and a sway bar in the rear....might as well throw the shackles on while I'm at it.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
I've got the supreme suspension 2" lift spacers and they measure out at 1 1/2" as well. I think they sent you the correct spacers. I have to agree that topper is going to lower the ride height of the rear a good bit. Loading just one dirt bike and gas/tools, maybe 300 pounds total, makes my dcab bed drop lower than my front end. I have to guess that topper is a few hundred pound?

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
You would be surprised how much the rear of a truck will sag with the constant weight of a cap like that. I have an 86 Bronco and when I run with the hard top rear sags enough to be almost 2 1/4 inches lower than the front with the factory springs. with the top off which only weighs 160ish lbs and all the extra stuff back there pulled out it lifts the rear 2 inches above level. to counter this effect I run an add-a-leaf in the rear with the hard top on.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
remove the topper and whatever is stored under it and I'll bet my first born's 3rd nut after an alignment it sits right
Looking like your first born will get to keep that 3rd nut! :eek:

I never would have thought that 175-200# would make much difference, but that certainly would explain it (or at least part of it). And jjm confirms the spacers are indeed the right ones. Thanks jjm for chiming in.

I beginning to understand that there are a lot of factors in the suspension equation and it's great to have this forum to help me figure out which ones I left out. Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts