Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the TRD duals on and window tint set for next week. Help prioritizing the rest of my wishlist...

Line-x
Tonneau
TRD CAI
Leveling/lift kit
Bushwacker pocket style flares
Tires and wheels
Color match all/some chrome to black
Supercharger but not happening at the current prices
Also looking at the new floor mats mentioned on here (the name has escaped me)
Vent visor/bug shield

Oh, and to fix the deep rock chip and ding I did today with the lawn mower :mad:

·
Premium Member
2,540 Posts
here's the order i'd do it... (only because Im bored outta my mind at work)

Leveling/lift kit (changes look of truck the most)
Color match all/some chrome to black (plasti-dip.. bang for your buck (do rims too))
new floor mats mentioned on here (3-D Mats)
Tires and wheels (big expense)
Bushwacker pocket style flares (looks dumb w/o bigger tires/wheels IMO)
Line-x
Tonneau (not on my list at all... but it's your truck)

Things I wouldn't do...

TRD CAI (haven't seen any evidence that it helps in our trucks)
Vent visor/bug shield (not a fan of them on our trucks IMHO)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does the dip really look that good? I'm very cautious about doing the whole plasti-dip thing.
Thanks KoBear!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Got the TRD duals on and window tint set for next week. Help prioritizing the rest of my wishlist...

Line-x
Tonneau
TRD CAI
Leveling/lift kit
Tires and wheels
Vent visor/bug shield

Oh, and to fix the deep rock chip and ding I did today with the lawn mower :mad:
Chip/ding
Level/Lift
color match
mats
tires/wheels
flares
line-X
Tonneau

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
I take it that the supercharger is something you wouldn't do unless you won the lottery (sort of like me).

I would do the protection items first (ding/line x/floor liners). If your line x your bed, you could wait on the tonneau. I like Husky WeatherBeater floor liner.

Depending on your location, hood protector may fall under the above.

Unlike many members on this forum, I do like the TRD intake especially when mated with the TRD exhaust. I didn't see much mpg improvement until I got the two mated.

Wheels/tires/fender flares/leveling or lift have to work in conjunction, and they do make the most bang for the buck in the looks department.

Dechroming, etc., really depends on your preference and inexpensive. It could really be done whenever you want. Nice thing about dipping? You could peel it off if you don't like it. And it's inexpensive.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
If the SC is ever an option, don't waste your money on any CAI since it will be replaced by the fit kit.

Prices are getting better on it btw, keep a close eye on eBay for an under 5k full kit and don't pay over 1k for the install at the dealer.

The flairs and leveling kit, I would personally do at the same time because they would accent eachother nicely with tires and wheels right behind.

The other little stuff just do here and there.

Good luck, looks like you have a pretty nice build planned and as always, PICTURES!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all of the replies guys! Very good stuff as always! Now it's time to start ordering.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I would do the linex and skip the rest and use the cash for a SC. Maybe the Tonneu if I found one on CL.

·
Banned
1,853 Posts
What's your budget right now? And what is your budget later? Gonna be a little here and a little there, after the initial blast? Or you gonna save up for a while, and do a 2nd wave?

Assuming you have a plastic bedliner in place, and/or your bed doesn't have shit in it very often, I'd wait to do the $300-$500 linex mod last.

Tonneau, waste of money, unless you have a use for it now. Fiberglass tonneaus are gay.

CAI...waste of money.

Lift/level...immediately adds character to your truck for cheap. Less than $300 and you can install it in your driveway, while you get to know your truck.

Bushwacker flares...don't even think about it unless you are willing to spend another $2k on wheels with the right offset, and tires the right size, or your truck will look stupid.

Tires and wheels...this might be mandatory with a level kit, but not necessarily...depends on what size you get. If you go bigger, level kit will be necessary, and maybe flares....that package will cost you $3k.

Color match costs, plastidip is cheap.

So, how much money you have right now, that you are ready to blow? Will help us plan your truck for you :D

And like a previous poster said, keep your eye on craigslist. If you have an android phone, there's an app called craigsnotify. I've got mine setup to alert me when anything "tundra" shows up for sale. It helps me find deals, and also helps me find shit to buy that I don't need, but that I can justify :lol:

Line-x
Tonneau
TRD CAI
Leveling/lift kit
Tires and wheels
Vent visor/bug shield

·
Cereal Killer
20,307 Posts
Mod priorities must be ordered based on quarter mile time improvements. To that end....

- Supercharger!

Thank you, good night. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts