Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 RCSB 4x4 5.7l Tundra, but didnt know what catback shall I get? I want the BAmuffler the one that exits right after the muffler.

Help please!:confused:

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
You got it figured out, go with the BAmuffler,, DirtyDeedsIndustries, search it up here on TT, Keith makes an awesome exhaust system,you def wont be disappointed...

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
I have the new TRD and it has done everything I would want it to do and more. I am very happy with the system (in case you didn't notice :D). It has awesome sound, no drone, and no apparent lower end torque loss so many systems reportedly suffer from. For 09 or newer, I would definitely recommend the new TRD.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
TRD true duals
BAmuffler droned severe in my 2012
Had to return it.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
BAmuffler droned severe in my 2012
Had to return it.
You are the first person that complains about BAmuffler drone issue. Keith and I spent hours on the phone going over different options for my headers, mid pipe and cat back system. He's also letting me know the pro and con in each system.

I am not trying to argue but i find it very strange that his exhaust system has drone that bad. :eek:

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Bam!

I just put a BAMuffler cat-back system on my 2012 CM 5.7 Limited, and it is the perfect balance of performance sound (when I want it) and quiet cruising (when I don't want intrusive sound).
My truck is a business vehicle, and my previous 2-in/1-out 18" L Magna-Drone was so bad between 1500-2000rpm (55-60mph!) that I went back to the exhaust shop and had them add a 15"L resonator immediately after the MF muffler in a desperate attempt to eliminate this unwanted & annoying low frequency; it was better, but now I had pretty much spent $350.00 to get back to what the truck sounded like with the factory muffler, AND had lost the low-end punch that caused me to fall in love with the truck in the first place!
Long story short, the BAMuffler cat-back system sounds like the truck should sound from the factory, and slightly increased tip-in throttle response as well!
If you use your vehicle as a business ride, and don't want the "bad boy" sound ALL the time (=drone @ 60mph!), but still want to hear that 5.7 sing when you jump on it, then the BAM is for you!

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
You are the first person that complains about BAmuffler drone issue. Keith and I spent hours on the phone going over different options for my headers, mid pipe and cat back system. He's also letting me know the pro and con in each system.

I am not trying to argue but i find it very strange that his exhaust system has drone that bad. :eek:
he had one of my older systems which had minor drone. when he called to complain about it he stated that it made his mirrors rattle etc. I can tell you that my 2013 with 6" system had drone until I installed the helmholtz resonator in the tailpipe (Jaymz had an older system with helmholtz in the system not in the tailpipe, the tailpipe helmholtz hadn't been released yet, that had a little drone compared to my new system) but to say that his mirrors rattled etc. was way over exaggerating and I knew this but issued a refund anyways without arguing with him.

And now over a year later to get online and make statements like that on a public forum after I issued a refund is a little messed up frankly. If I had argued with him and told him that he was bull$hitting me (which it is to say that it drones so bad it makes the mirrors rattle) and didn't work out a refund then I could understand being bashed, but in this case this Jaymz and I settled on a refund amount and I took care of it for him. Out of over 500 bolt on systems built this person is the only one to say that it drones. And after living with a 6" system on my truck which is way louder than the 8" system that i sent to Jaymz I can say with certainty that my exhaust has a minor drone without the tailpipe helmholtz, but with a tailpipe helmholtz and cruising over 65mph it is QUIETER than stock.

Jaymz originally agreed to send back his system and have me modify it to make it quieter, then after I received it he "changed his mind" and asked for a refund. I suspected that he had money issues given the strategy he used to get a refund out of me, now a over year later I'm not sure what the problem is, some people are very sensitive to drone, I consider myself one of those people, so who knows??? But again, very messed up to bash a small business owner who stood behind his product and issued a refund to an "unhappy customer".

Also, since the release of my tailpipe helmholtz resonator, I've stated on several threads that anyone with my older system, which didn't include a tailpipe helmholtz, should hit me up if they wanted a FREE tailpipe helmholtz resonator. Adding this into the tailpipe will make the truck QUIETER than stock above 65mph.

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
Just wanted to add that I still havent added the helmholtz resonator to my BAmuffler catback system, its been installed for 7 months and i have no noticeable drone, matter of fact unless im mashing it, and i usually am....its pretty quiet, the tires are the only thing i hear when just cruising...i have magnaflow on my 4runner and the drone is ridiculous...

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Just wanted to add that I still havent added the helmholtz resonator to my BAmuffler catback system, its been installed for 7 months and i have no noticeable drone, matter of fact unless im mashing it, and i usually am....its pretty quiet, the tires are the only thing i hear when just cruising...i have magnaflow on my 4runner and the drone is ridiculous...
I have several customers who run both my 6" and 8" systems with no helmholtz resonator at all. Then I have others who run without it for a week or so then install it. Other's just install it from the get go. To each his own, but the fact remains, now that I own a 2013 I can honestly say "no wonder so many people buy my exhaust systems!!!" :lol5:

·
Registered
408 Posts
I have the AFE cat back exhaust # 49-460008. I was worried that it'd be too loud but it is perfect. I love the tone and I was able to install it alone in about an hour. Bonus- it was under $300 on autoanything!

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I have the Corsa Sport exhaust. Love it! No drone and sounds like a beast when you step on it!

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
220 Posts
Just another note for BA Muffler....Keith was willing to spend more than enough time to "educate" me on what I really needed for my 07 Crewmax when actually I did'nt even know myself. All I wanted was a more quiet muffler than that Wickedflow mistake. He explained everything my system does as well as what I don't need. In my opinion that weighs more on me than a name brand website with a part number. The guy is as honest as they come.

·
Premium Member
1,634 Posts
Just another note for BA Muffler....Keith was willing to spend more than enough time to "educate" me on what I really needed for my 07 Crewmax when actually I did'nt even know myself. All I wanted was a more quiet muffler than that Wickedflow mistake. He explained everything my system does as well as what I don't need. In my opinion that weighs more on me than a name brand website with a part number. The guy is as honest as they come.
Well, I have Keith's 10" catback on my 2010.The drone is soooo bad I got arrested the other day for breaking several windows and setting off 13 car alarms!!!:yikes::D:clap:Keith spent God knows how much time on the phone with me answering my stupid questions.He's the reason I have a Corsa Catback with Touring muffler laying in my boat!!:p You AIN'T gonna do better than one of these BA Systems:patriot:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Im going to have to chalk up one for the powersticks I have on mine, they sound similar to BAMuffler. Also, no buzzing in the cab either. I think quality is better from smaller companies like BA and powersticks, either one should satisfy in my opinion.

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Im going to have to chalk up one for the powersticks I have on mine, they sound similar to BAMuffler. Also, no buzzing in the cab either. I think quality is better from smaller companies like BA and powersticks, either one should satisfy in my opinion.
We're actually building a prototype as we speak. Bolts straight in. Zero welding required. Price point is $350 shipped anywhere to the lower 48. Will be loud at full throttle, but should have minimal drone.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts