Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My color matched flares showed up today. I cannot figure out how the three smaller screws/clips are used? I am fairly mechanically inclined but not figuring
this one out? The bigger screws where the mud flap mounts are self explanatory, but there are three smaller screws that go between the most fwd larger screw and the three mud flap screws??? Do I remove the plastic
plug that holds the fender liner in?

Anyone install the OEM ones from Sparks?

Reactions: danoh

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
Reactions: JC737

·
Registered
371 Posts
I did mine about 2 months ago, same instructions Danoh posted for you come in the box.S Clips install with the longer non perforated end on the metal lip of the fender leaving the screw hole inside the fender facing the bottom as shown on figure c4 and c5.
It takes a little tugging and pushing to convince the little screws to grab on to the tab.
To me the biggest PITA was fitting the rubber gaskets.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did mine about 2 months ago, same instructions Danoh posted for you come in the box.S Clips install with the longer non perforated end on the metal lip of the fender leaving the screw hole inside the fender facing the bottom as shown on figure c4 and c5.
It takes a little tugging and pushing to convince the little screws to grab on to the tab.
To me the biggest PITA was fitting the rubber gaskets.
I can see the gaskets being a PITA...I was kinda pre installing without removing
the backing tape as to see how they will fit up...

I got the gaskets and hardware in a bag but no instructions! Danoh hooked it up!

Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
No prob bro, good luck with the rest of the install!

Reactions: theoat

·
Registered
371 Posts
Cool, enjoy! I love mine :)

Reactions: theoat

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Attachments

Reactions: theoat and Duke_26

·
Registered
292 Posts
Thanks for posting these pics! Looks great! I have been pondering whether or not to get these flares for my magnetic gray DC. What was the PITA part for the fronts?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Reactions: JC737

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for posting these pics! Looks great! I have been pondering whether or not to get these flares for my magnetic gray DC. What was the PITA part for the fronts?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Well might have be easier if you have someone to hold the front flares in place while you mark where the clips go. There are four clips that slip up inside the fender under the lip that the flare screw to. The rear just screw on through the existing holes. Definitely worth the effort.

Reactions: Duke_26

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I did not have to remove the NFAB'S to install...

·
Registered
733 Posts
Is your truck stock height? Any pics from the front/back to show offset of wheels with fenders?

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Is your truck stock height? Any pics from the front/back to show offset of wheels with fenders?
I have the Pro Comp adjustable. 2.5" lift in the front. My wheels are +20mm offset. Here are the pics. I didn't go with BW because I did not want the "tucked" look.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts