Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I purchased a 2019 Tundra SR5 Crewmax with the upgrade pkg, 5.7L V8 and I'm absolutely loving it. I apologize, in advance, for my first post being a question, rather than a good introduction.

Immediately after purchase, I ordered the highly recommended 12 Volt Solutions remote start kit. From this forum, I gathered that it was the best fit for my needs and I liked that I wouldn't have to carry around another fob.

I just literally finished installation, and I have a problem...

The remote start feature works fine and as advertised with 3-presses of the 'lock' button activating the engine start. Likewise, 3-presses of the button kill the engine. The problem is that after it remote starts, all the doors are unlocked and cannot be locked or unlocked via the remote. So, I don't like that my truck is wide open to the public after I remote start it. This can't be right, can it?

Anyone else have the problem with the remote lock and unlock buttons doing literally nothing after a remote start is enabled? Can anyone tell me what's wrong and how to fix it?

Thank you all in advance. I've learned a lot from reading on this forum.

·
Registered
13,537 Posts
I would imagine it is in the programming, as it is not re-locking itself. Not sure how to fix it.

I would reach out to them

·
Registered
84 Posts
Welcome from Southern Maryland. I thought I read that 12volts customer service was good.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Press the lock button three times and it starts. Can you hear the lock solenoids click each time you press the lock button?

Is it possible that you plugged something in wrong when you installed it? If not then there is either a wiring or programming error from 12V.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts