Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys and gals I am an 18 year old i have a 2010 tundra crewmax 4脳4 ffv 5.7L. With 148k miles I have a 6 inch lift on 22脳12.5 with a 35脳12.5 tire I just installed rock lights in my wheel wells...all lights are connected to each other and ran on a separate circuit from the truck...while drilling a hole to attach the light I nicked the front right wiring harness in between the wiper fluid reservoir and the airbox...after wiring every thing up I turned the truck on and it started the immediately died...when it finally idled it idles at a little less than 500rpm and is really rough...it blew 5 fuses which have been replaced and have since not blown but it still struggles to idle and I have the traction control light on and the check engine light as well as my 4 low is rapidly blinking....the traction control button does nothing even after holding it for 10 seconds...where the wiring harness got chewed...there was one wire that got split I isolated that wire and spliced it back together there is a turquoise wire that looks like a 20 gauge wire that the sheathing is gone but no wires are cut within... I at a lost cause....I dont if there is anything else in my power I can do without taking it to a shop...when driving it..it acts like it's in a limp mode..it struggles to get to 3k rpms and wont go past 35mph with my foot to the floor also my head lights dont work...my daytime running lights work as well as break lights and turn signals just my high and low beams dont turn on when I turn my high beams on and off again on the dash it still reads that they are on..even after the key it out of the ignition they stay lit....thanks in advance for the tips and advice

Registered
I got no help to offer as far as the issue you caused. It has happened before during plow installs on other trucks where some idiot decided to drill into the boot, damaging the main harness and toasting an ecu...

But next time you run wires into the cab, the driver side boot has a nipple on the bottom you can cut off and run at least a 4ga power wire through without any issues. It's there for that reason.

Registered
I suggest if you repaired what you damaged, and disconnect what you added, and it still malfunctions, to see if Auto-zone can read a CEL code. Other than that you will likely need to have your ECU re-flashed by a dealer. Good luck, report back when resolved.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
So I spliced all wires back together and it cleared all codes
The truck runs perfectly now
The only thing is that I dont have high and low beams I have turn signals daytime running lights and brake light just no head lights I tested the light and the light it good I also replace all fuses and relays related to headlights
I've had the truck apart for 4 days now
I'm just gonna wire the head light together then add a switch in side the cab that I will have to flip on when I want headlights

1 - 4 of 4 Posts