Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I might have bitten off more than I can chew and I guess I didn't do as much research as I should have but How do I get the front shocks back in!? Ive try searching all over the Internet and I'm stumped. I have a spring compressr I rented from auto zone and I'm not quite sure if it's helping. Spindle, hub, UCA, swaybar are off. Can anyone provide me with steps on what they did?

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
Ok, you have a spring compressor but have you reassembled the struts using said compressor? If you have then the struts are likely marked as to which side is which (driver vs. passenger) and they should essentially slide right in but you may have to use a pry bar to put some pressure on the lower control arm to make enough room for them.

·
Premium Member
10,982 Posts
Why do you need a spring compressor? They come pre-assembled.
Like he said, pry down the LCA and they'll pop right in.
Put the four bolts (leave loose) in the top to hold them, pop in the bottom shock mount to the LCA and put the bolt through the shock mount, then tighten everything up.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I just rented one bc I wasn't sure if that would help sliding it in place. I wasn't sure if iwould be damaging the lower arm by pushing it down too much to fit the shock in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts