Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading threads here, and reviews everywhere, and haven't seen any sort of consensus.

I'm looking for covers for the front and rear of my DC. Ideally covers that cover the rear of the front seat, and bottom of the back seat. I usually have my rear seat folded up with the shedding dogs in the back, so those are the two areas that take a beating. Something relatively easy to remove and throw in the washing machine would be great. I'd also prefer something other than neoprene if possible. Waterproof isn't that important.

What do you experts recommend?

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Had WetOkole in my '02 Tundra and really liked them.

Reactions: @seldomseensmith

·
Registered
45 Posts
Also in the market for seat covers

We have a dog that loves car rides. Don't they all? I've recently acquired a cherry 2002 Access Cab and I'm feeling compelled to put on seat covers. Are the brands mentioned here the general favs? As another person said, I don't think waterproof is necessary for me. Just want to keep off the day-to-day build-up and dog hair. I would like the covers to fit nice and tight, and not look saggy and discombobulated.

Cheers,
Gary

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
classico from sparks Toyota.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Another vote for Wet Okole here... had em on my '12 Tacoma X-Runner... one nice touch is you can add heat to em if your truck doesn't already have it... I put them on right after getting the truck in '12 and they still looked great when I traded it in on my Tundra in '16

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just went to the Katzkins website. Looks like products for the 2002 Tundra are no longer offered. Your point is well taken though, "good" seat covers are rather expensive.

Question for the Wet Okole proponents... What do these covers feel like? Are they comfortable to bare skin? How grippy are they? Do darker colors get very hot in summer?

·
Registered
1,112 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
I had Wet okoles on my 00 4runner before.. summer time heat makes the neoprene swamp ass. the cloth coating on the neoprene doesn't get searing hot to touch though in the summer

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Those Clazzio leather seat covers look so nice, do I need to get inexpensive seat covers to protect them? :)
yep I love mine

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
As with Katzkins, Clazzio covers are not an option for 2002 model Tundras.
You sure on that Katskins I had on my old Gen One.

·
Registered
45 Posts
4-Runner only now it seems. These Katzkins and Clazzio seem to be closer to getting seats reupholstered than covers to protect existing seat material. Is that correct?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.