Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize all of these are probably very close to one another, but has anyone had any really great or really bad experiences with any? or know of any hidden drawbacks to any? i will be running 75-100 watts rms to each and a kenwood ddx370 head unit, stockers in the rear and a sub(s) possibly later

Rockford Fosgate T1675-S
Boston Accoustics SC60
Alpine SPR-60C
Infinity 609CS
JL C2-650

and of course our old friend, the Polk DB6501 bargain buys

·
Registered
216 Posts
I had those Polk (amplified) in my last chevy, and liked them alot. I was looking to buy those or JL C2 for my tundra. I listened to the JL C2 at a local stereo shop, then listened to Hertz DCX which were amazing and cost less than the JL's. I now have all Hertz in my tundra.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Can't really give you any input on the choices listed but I have been impressed with the JBL p660 components. The crossovers are huge though. Excellent mid-bass and imaging as well as swivel tweeters. They are in your price range.
JBL P660C Reviews

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hertz dsk 165 do look pretty good on paper. I have never owned any hertz products. Mainly stick to mainstream stuff

Anybody else used these?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
216 Posts
I have the Hertz dsk 165 in front with dcx 165 in rear powered on an alpine amp. They sound awesome. Hearing the dcx next to the JL C2 at the local shop sold me on Hertz; there was a significant sound quality gap between the Hertz and JL.

Although they dont seem to be as mainstream as JL, I'd always heard good thing about Hertz and I now I can see why.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have the Hertz dsk 165 in front with dcx 165 in rear powered on an alpine amp. They sound awesome. Hearing the dcx next to the JL C2 at the local shop sold me on Hertz; there was a significant sound quality gap between the Hertz and JL.

Although they dont seem to be as mainstream as JL, I'd always heard good thing about Hertz and I now I can see why.
Yeah I think I may go with the hertz. Plus the infinitys are 2 ohm, which is great for sucking more power out of your amp, but I plan on bridging the other 2 channels to a sub and don't want to make the thing run too hot

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
333 Posts
I would probably take the DSK 165 over the JL C2. Out of those actually on your list, the Boston SC60 would probably be my next choice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Rockford Fosgate T1675-s

I just installed the Rockford Fosgate T1675-S with the Tacotunes.com adapters this morning.

Soundstage with the tweeters in the sail panel is just between that dash and front seat occupants. Im running them with a Kenwood DDX470. Good solid sound, vast improvement over the factory setup.

Amazon has really good pricing on them.

Total time to install including drilling the tweeter holes was less than 1 hour.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I went with the Hertz HSK's and am completely happy with them. I don't think you could go wrong with the DSK's either.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts