Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I plan to install the Alpine SPR-60C in my 07 crewmax. I want to use them in the front and rear doors.

So question is, has anybody installed these in your truck and if so, how do you handle the tweeter install, particularly the fronts.

For the non-JBl truck, will the alpines fit in. He stock tweeter location and can you use existing wires? Given that the stock speakers are separates, is there a crossover already in the truck someplace?

As a last question, I plan to use these with the Alpine INE-W927HD which rms 4x18w and max of 4x50. Can I run these without an extra amp or is the amp a must have? If so, which would you suggest?

Sorry for any dumb questions - this will be my first separates install.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello Tundra61,

I am also looking at putting the Alpine SPR-60C in my Tudra as well. I am not as versed as many others on this forum but in my opinion from other Installs I would use a seperate amp for the Type R's. Those speakers are near 100 RMS and with a head unit under 20 watts RMS. It nothing else since you are looking at using a alpine deck get the Alpine KTP-445U. It is a amp that connect directly to most decks and moves the power up to 45x4 watts RMS. I believe it even gets power via the deck so no amp kit needs to be bought. It is a option to get a little more power to the speakers without having to go all out and installing a full 4 channel amp somewhere in the truck.

In my install if I do go with the Type R 60c in front and Type R 60 in the back I will be using a PDX-V9 to take full advantage of the speakers.

I hope this helps a little, if not sorry for taking up the space on your post.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts