Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed a volant CAI in my new 2013 Tundra 5.7 4x4. Got heavy in the gas, broke loose, she died and won't start again. Revs up and has a flashing 4LO and just shuts down. I'm stranded in a parking lot till I get this resolved... Any help...? 8067897742

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Dead 2013 Volant CAI

Just installed a volant CAI in my new 2013 Tundra 5.7 4x4. Got heavy in the gas, broke loose, she died and won't start again. Revs up and has a flashing 4LO and just shuts down. I'm stranded in a parking lot till I get this resolved... Any help...? 8067897742

·
Registered
174 Posts
Check to be sure you don't have the MAF in backwards, I heard it happening before also check to be sure the wire to it didn't come off.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
What broke loose exactly?

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Disconnect the negative side of the battery for 30 seconds to reset the ECU and see what happens. This sounds like a dumb suggestion, but doing it has cleared up faults on several different vehicles for me in the past.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The tires....they started to spin...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not a dumb suggestion...already tried it though with no luck...

·
Registered
777 Posts
Check your maf clean it out if you can with maf cleaner.

·
Premium Member
673 Posts
I put my MAF in backwards when I put in my CAI with the same result, revs up to 3000 rpm then dies. flipped it, all good

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Fixed and headed home

I went through and checked all of my connection...all solid...even the foam seal I used to seal the gap between the intake and body.

Hoses were tight, mag was installed correctly....

I walked a couple miles back home and toted my factory intake back to my dead ride... Went to pull the CAI out and found a 1/8" rubber hose approx 12" long hanging out of the throttle body. :mad:

I don't know how it got there, all I can think of is that the previous owner of the intake had it stored in the intake tube of the CAI? I have no idea... But I am on the road again and I can get this knot out of my stomach.

Thank you all for the phone calls and all off the suggestions.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Wow! Good thing it was too long to have been sucked all the way into the manifold. Now that really would have ruined your day!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts