Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took my boat out and while backing the trailer into the water my back tires just barely went underwater so naturally I rinsed off under the back half of my truck With fresh water. After doing so I hopped in my truck and the ABS light, traction control light were on, the 4hi and 4lo lights were flashing. What is going on anyone have the same problem? I have a 2011 tundra

·
Registered
90 Posts
I had a similar issue.. snow, not water though. once it dried out all was fine. I'd recommend checking the wheel speed sensors, they seem to be pretty sensitive to moisture. Good luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I took my boat out and while backing the trailer into the water my back tires just barely went underwater so naturally I rinsed off under the back half of my truck With fresh water. After doing so I hopped in my truck and the ABS light, traction control light were on, the 4hi and 4lo lights were flashing. What is going on anyone have the same problem? I have a 2011 tundra

I had the same issue with my 2009 tundra limited, it was flashing all the time, everytime I washed my truck or if it just rained really hard. I finally unplugged the wheel sensor and packed them with electrical grease, after that I've had no more issues with them. Hopefully this helps.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Yep. Get some dielectric grease into the rear speed sensor connectors. While you're under there with the grease tube, unplug and pack the oxygen sensor connectors as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts