Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone run the Hellwig air bags. From looking at the install instructions, it might work with the B&W hitch. I plan on calling them tomorrow, but just wanted to get some feedback from others that might be running them.

I looked at mounting up the F150 firestone kit I have and The brackets are useless for the tundra. I was hoping I could just tweak a couple things and drill some holes.

I also looked at the Tundra racing air bag kit but I don't like how they put the bag on the leaf spring, just doesn't look like a good idea.

I have also looked at the hellwig helper springs as an option.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have the heavy duty Hellwig Helper Springs on my tundra. They are ok for towing moderate loads but if your really gonna tow heavy go with the airbags. I ordered mine today actually.

I was going to remove the helpers and sell them but after messing with them I think I’m gonna just leave them on. Too much headache to remove.

I towed a 7500 lb travel trailer for two years using the helpers and they were ok. New TT is 9200 and they just won’t cut it.

Good luck.

Reactions: mrmachinist

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the heavy duty Hellwig Helper Springs on my tundra. They are ok for towing moderate loads but if your really gonna tow heavy go with the airbags. I ordered mine today actually.

I was going to remove the helpers and sell them but after messing with them I think I’m gonna just leave them on. Too much headache to remove.

I towed a 7500 lb travel trailer for two years using the helpers and they were ok. New TT is 9200 and they just won’t cut it.

Good luck.

Thanks for the input.

Talked to hellwig yesterday. Their airbags won’t clear my hitch either.

I am going to try to make my own brackets to mount the bags I have. Hopefully I can get under the truck this weekends for get an idea of what I’m up against.

My camper is a 6500lb dry 5th wheel. The sumo springs are not cutting it as far as sag is concerned. I was I might end up in the same position with the helper springs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.