Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently looking for a gen 1 Tundra, found a few with <100,000 for ~$12,000. Does that sound right for a 4x4? Is there anything I should be looking out for with these early model Tundras?

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I don't know much about gen 1, but from what I understand, these are rock solid trucks. I am sure 1st gen guys will fill you in with details.

Reactions: nal13

·
"BHLM Master"
3,232 Posts
welcome man, sounds about right on the price, just check the drivetrain and all under body components, work history, etc. These things don't lose too much value but 12,000 is 12grand and u want to make sure you're getting something that u will not have to replace big items, especially a 4x4

Reactions: nal13

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just sold my 2001 with 67500 miles for $8000.00. New it was 16,000.00. Good luck
Why so cheap? Was that 4x4?

Thanks everyone for the quick responses. Been at work all day thinking about how bad I want this truck, again. I always owned chevys before, but for financial problems, had to get rid of my last 2000 3/4 ton. Not that I had many problems with that truck, but just want to try something different.

I read something about the exhaust manifolds needing to be replaced, it didn't say anything about if they crack or warp, just wondering if that rings true. I think I read it on edmunds in the reliability section.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Nal,

I'm always looking at prices on Gen1's. I don't know why - mine is perfect, just a habit I guess.

Mine is 4x2, a Limited Access Cab 2005. It had 87k when I bought it last year and is/was in excellent condition. I negotiated it down to $12,000 over the course of about 2 weeks.

What I'm seeing for the same truck today, as a 4x4 - but 90k miles in good/excellent shape - people are asking between $14k and $16k and up to $19k if they've done some accessorizing to it such as a nice head unit, exhaust, lift, wheels, etc.

I don't know if you'll be able to find one at $12k with low miles but you might.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't know if you'll be able to find one at $12k with low miles but you might.
I have found a couple around Minneapolis, have not got a chance to look at them. I did find a T100 with 118, 000 for it $8250 that I might go test drive tomorrow. Not exactly what I want, but wouldn't hurt to take it for a spin.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts