Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone... I've had my Texas edition Tundra for about 8 months but am just now getting around to registering on the forum. I almost bought an F150, but very glad I went with the Tundra instead.

I'm going to be taking it on a long road trip here in a few weeks and I want to piece together a tool kit. Does the Tundra have any SAE fasteners or is it all metric?

·
"BHLM Master"
3,232 Posts
Welcome, I would assume metric being made in Japan, lol.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Congrats. I love my Tundra on long distance trips.

G

·
I have been slowly building my tool supply over the years. I keep both standard and metric of everything. The Tundra has mostly metric I believe, but there may be a few standards in there too. I have a socket set I got for $5 at Advance Auto, I have a set of Allen wrenches, few different pliers, zip ties, bungee cords, ratchet straps, screw drivers, duct tape, leather man, maglight, jumper cables, tow strap and accessories, some torx head stuff too, I keep misc fuses, first aid kit, I have a bunch of things. That's just a list off the top of my head. I'd rather be over prepared and have nothing go wrong, than under prepared and need fix something and can't. I know that certain things can be a roadside fix but I will hopefully be able to make something work

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'd rather be over prepared and have nothing go wrong, than under prepared and need fix something and can't. I know that certain things can be a roadside fix but I will hopefully be able to make something work
Yeah I'm the same way; rather be over-prepared. I guess all I really need is the phone number to roadside assistance since it's still a new truck, but I'm a gear nerd and like to do my own wrenching:cool:

Might want to add a fire extinguisher to your kit. I picked up that habit back when my daily driver was an X1/9, lol...

G

·
Yeah I'm the same way; rather be over-prepared. I guess all I really need is the phone number to roadside assistance since it's still a new truck, but I'm a gear nerd and like to do my own wrenching:cool:

Might want to add a fire extinguisher to your kit. I picked up that habit back when my daily driver was an X1/9, lol...
I have the fire extinguisher. Just a 5 pounder it doesnt take up alot of space but its enough to make a knock. Also mind you I am an EMT, I was a captain/ chief officer/ engineer with a local ambulance company before we went under... I also have a lock out kit which has made me money at this point in time. I have the bench seat upfront and have an inverter in there too. I have a bow saw, hammer, sledge, pry bar, breaker bar, full set of bunker gear, helmet, gloves, etc. Only thing I don't have that I am thinking about getting due to having a leveled out and taller truck is a hi lift jack and was going to mount that under my tool box...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 11 of 11 Posts