Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! :seeya: I'm Kelly, and we live in Tampa, Florida.

We had just made our last payment on our 2010 4.7 2WD Tundra....and we decided to "upgrade" Of course we did, LOL! Oh, well...what's three more years? We got 0% interest...so...here we are.

We will be moving to N.C. next year after our daughter graduates from high school, and we didn't want one of the 2014's that will be out shortly. Although, I'm sure they will be an awesome quality....they are looking a lot like the F150 to me, and I wasn't crazy about it.

In the spirit of moving to N.C. with my horses and our R.V., we got the 5.7L engine and 4WD options.

What an awesome ride!!! I didn't think it would drive any different...boy was I totally wrong. I *feels* like it holds the road tighter, and I can feel that it's much heavier.

As far as options it has:
  • Leather interior (we upgraded these)
  • Rearview Camera (very excited about that - excellent for hooking to horse trailer/rv!)
  • A rearview mirror that does everything except the laundry!!
  • Heated seats (upgraded)
  • bed liner (plastic one)
  • Blue Tooth
  • Standard Power Features
  • 9,700 lb towing capacity
  • Center console that's like a desk & holds my laptop computer
  • Billet Grill (I upgraded that)

And I saw that many other people were posting what they wanted to add. I'm not one to do really souped up trucks (although my husband would if it were his truck.....he has the Rav 4 because he says one of us need to be sensible! LOL!

Anyway, I guess the only thing I want to add is a tonneau cover for the bed. I like the one that folds up into thirds...and the sideview mirrors for towing.

So, anyway, just wanted to say hello & introduce myself...I'm off to explore the threads here...

· Registered
8,147 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Nice looking Tundra. An awesome upgrade. Congratulations.

I have BAKFlip F1 (which folds so you could have access to your bed without having to take the cover off. If you are interested in BAK cover (or any other cover for that matter), give Josh at SVCustoms a pm. His prices are awesome and service excellent. He is one of the vendors of this forum.
http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tundra-parts-accessories/92282-bak-flip-tonneau-special.html

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As I have looked around, I have noticed I might be the only woman here...or one of a few...LOL!!

That's how it rolls in our house...I drive the truck & hubby drives his Rav 4.

It ended up this way because of my horses. I had an Avalon that I LOVED! Loved the ride, loved the comfort & style....but my husband was tired of me driving it like a truck - putting hay in the trunk, saddles & bridles in the back seat, bags of feed in the front passenger seat, etc.

I came home from work one day, and a brand new 2010 Tundra was parked in my spot on the driveway - he'd put a ribbon and a note that said "drive me on days you need hay." I think his real motivation was that he was tired of vacuuming the hay out of every imaginable space in my car, LOL!!

He created a monster!! I got in that truck, and never looked back...The Avalon sat in the garage for a month & never got driven - we sold it after a month. I don't know why I was so resistant before hand!! This truck is the nicest, most comfy auto I've ever owned......AND I can take my horses anywhere, anytime.........AND it pulls a really fun RV.

I. Love. My. Truck.

eta: We'd had an F150, bare bones, work truck that we used at the barn before...it was, truly, a work truck. AM radio and AC was all it had - that's why I didn't think I'd ever want to drive a truck...I couldn't imagine they could ever be nice.

· Registered
8,147 Posts
Cool story. Women truck drivers are pretty common where I live. There are some female members here on this forum as well. We share the common appreciation for Tundra.

By the way, I noticed that you asked for a quote from Josh at SVcustoms. When it comes time to order one, make sure you order the right one. One with deck rail system has different adaptor. The one without one bolts right on.

· Premium Member
67 Posts
Welcome aboard Kelly. Gotta love the interest at those rates..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.