Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did my 2012 Crewmax SE. Just did the doors and underhood with dynamat xtreme then put a hoodliner over top. The door kit and trucnk kit was enough to doo all of it. I had scrap material that I put in the doors on the exterior wall. Someone posted that they filled the holes in the doors with material. Be carefull with this. There is a honeycomb piece behind the door handle (attached to panel) that fits into the big hole. It gives the handle strangth. You could trim it down but I didn't. Overall, the project exceeded my expectations. While I was in the doors I replaced the speakers. I bought them through crutchfield which was a huge helpo having the adapters and wiring kits that were included. I bought mtx terminators for the front door and 5.25 2 way rockford fosgates for the back doors. Huge improvement. When you see the paper speakers you will want to replace them. The front door 6x 9 is a full range paper job and the whole thing can't weight 4 ounces. the 6" MTX speakers probably weigh closer to 2 lbs that I put in. Really brought out the bass (not a subwoofer by any means but still a huge improvement). I've read all these boards and received great advice. This is what I did and am very happy with the results. This summer I think i will still do the back of the cab with Dynamat. I wanted to see how it goes with the door and hood first. BTW, I could used to hear my truck running from in the house. Now I can't.

2012 CrewMax SE.

·
Banned
3,314 Posts
Welcome from another Minnesnowite. I've got an 11 DC cab, grade model with the stock POS radio. I'd love to do some new speaks, maybe after christmas. Not high on the family expenditure priority list right now.

hope you got yourself some 4wd, was some really greasy roads heading to work today.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts