Premium Member
30 Posts
Definitely sign me up for a 2016 FFV supercharger

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Hello Tundratalk, sorry for the long delay in response we've had our staff all in on various Toyota projects. The biggest projects are the tune for the flex fuel and tune for the 2016's. We can see the demand is there and so we are putting all efforts into the tune. Tuning the Toyota's is definitely not as easy as some other brands like GM and Ford. We are committed to getting it right and making our customers happy even if it means we need to hold back sales at this moment. Believe me when it's ready we will send out a news blast.

We are working thru the feedback from our pilot build FF kits. Some of the pilot kits are working without issue, some have minor issues that we don't want the masses to have.

Some folks that absolutely can't wait have purchased the kit and paired it with a Unichip. We know that's not for everyone but if you want to hear the pros and cons please talk to Sparks Parts.

Thanks for your patience and know that we hear you and want this product available as bad as you do!

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Incredibly excited to hear that there's a viable, reputable supercharger option out there for us. Few questions though:

- Since it no longer carries the 'TRD' stamp and is truly an aftermarket accessory, what is the impact to our powertrain warranties (even if installed by Toyota techs)?
- What changes to the normal engine maintenance schedule/tasks would be required post update (for both FFV and non-FFV applications)?
- Do you recommend that an update to the stock exhaust system accompany the supercharger install?
- Finally, what's the expected turnaround time on an order? Is there a backlog for the kit?
Great questions, I'll do my best to answer them:

-Warranty-Legally due to the Magnuson-Moss act the dealership is supposed to honor your original warranty. However we realize some dealerships are more supercharger-friendly than others so we now offer a FREE 3year/36,000 mile limited powertrain warranty as well as a 5year/60,000 mile option for a reasonable price. You can check out the details on our homepage: magnusonproducts.com
-No change to your maintenance schedule, you will need to run Premium Gasoline, 91 octane minimum, including flex fuel trucks.
-All our systems are designed around the stock exhaust system however many folks are running our units with aftermarket exhaust. I would have a look on Tundratalk and see what is working best.
-We have 2007-2015 Gas kits on the shelf ready to ship. Also have 2005-2015 Tacoma and older 3.4L/4.5L superchargers on the shelf. Give us a call at 805 642 8833 and we'll get one to you. Free shipping right now.
-FFV and 2016 Gas coming as soon as we get the Bullydog tunes perfected. Sparks Parts is covering those applications right now with a Unichip.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I'm in Orange County, so cal. Not too far from you guys out there in Ventura. Can you recommend a great shop to install your super charger on 2012 5.7 tundra?
Talk to Mike B at Cabe Brothers in Long Beach, they have a ton of experience supercharging Toyotas. Great example of a supercharger friendly dealership.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Great questions, I'll do my best to answer them:

-Warranty-Legally due to the Magnuson-Moss act the dealership is supposed to honor your original warranty. However we realize some dealerships are more supercharger-friendly than others so we now offer a FREE 3year/36,000 mile limited powertrain warranty as well as a 5year/60,000 mile option for a reasonable price. You can check out the details on our homepage: magnusonproducts.com
-No change to your maintenance schedule, you will need to run Premium Gasoline, 91 octane minimum, including flex fuel trucks.
-All our systems are designed around the stock exhaust system however many folks are running our units with aftermarket exhaust. I would have a look on Tundratalk and see what is working best.
-We have 2007-2015 Gas kits on the shelf ready to ship. Also have 2005-2015 Tacoma and older 3.4L/4.5L superchargers on the shelf. Give us a call at 805 642 8833 and we'll get one to you. Free shipping right now.
-FFV and 2016 Gas coming as soon as we get the Bullydog tunes perfected. Sparks Parts is covering those applications right now with a Unichip.
Thanks for the Updates Magnuson...
* Just a quick question or 2:

-Since you have such a long track record with the Install, maintenance and troubleshooting on these with Tundras, have you found any issues with Installing your Supercharger on a (High Miles) 2008 Tundra 5.7 Ltr. 2x with Approx 112K miles on it? It is my daily driver.

-I would probably try to have Findlay Toyota in Henderson Nevada do the Install if they are "Supercharger Friendly"? How would I know? They say they would do it.

Your Thoughts?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Hey Vegas Tundra,

If your truck (engine / transmission) is in good mechanical shape than a supercharger will be fine. You know your maintenance history better than anyone, so if it's been well taken care of and running well the supercharger should give you another 100K+ of fun miles. Might want to do a compression check and make sure the motor is ready, at a minimum do a fluid flush if you haven't recently. The oldest Tundra in our fleet is a 2010 and runs strong!

Findlay Toyota are Rockstars! I absolutely know they are supercharger friendly. Hit them up and they'll take good care of you.

DFW-TSS,

No plans for the 4.6L at this moment. Anything is possible if we hear enough demand

·
Premium Member
30 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
OK. Glad that you have your best guys on it but seriously can we get an update on what the delays are? If I am understanding the current status of the 2016 5.7L FFV S/C install you have one guy already acting as the test bed/prototype vehicle. What kind of issues are you encountering that produce these types of delays? Settling on a tune profile and what ECU mod to use is that cumbersome? Please share with us more of what you are encountering as it appears that this is just a delay to buy time because you have too much on your plate.
Just looking for some real updates...thanks!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I'm curious as to why the 5.7 kits are significantly more expensive than other applications? Is there more to the kit or are you guys just following the TRD pricing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 34 of 34 Posts