Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Tundratalk!

Really excited to be a part of this Toyota community. We have been silently supporting supercharged Toyotas for over 17 years. It's nice to finally be able to support you all directly. Our goal here on the forum is to let you know what we are up to, where to get our product and help answer questions.

Quick Facts:

-Magnuson Superchargers is a complete design, manufacture and testing facility located in Ventura California. We've been supercharging with the Eaton rotating group since the early 1990s.
-We are a TS 16949 certified OEM and aftermarket supercharger supplier specializing in high quality, durability and exceptional performance.
-We do all the supercharger design and tooling in-house, machine a majority of components in our state of the art machine shop and assemble/test 100% all within our 60,000 sq.ft. facility. Our employees all love cars/trucks/motorcycles and supercharged performance is our passion. If you are ever in the area, give us a call. We'd love to show you around.

-Magnuson was the original Eaton authorized aftermarket manufacturer and has been the only Roots-type supercharger supplier to TRD since the late 1990's.

-Some of the production units we made for TRD were the: 1st/2nd gen 3.4L Tacoma, 1.8L Matrix, 3.0L Camry, 4.5L Land Cruiser, 4.7L Tundra, 4.0L Tacoma/FJ and my favorite the 5.7L Tundra/Sequoia/LX570. All in all over 30,000 units!

-Some of the cool Toyota projects we worked on were the 850hp drag Camry, Ken Stout FR-S Pirelli World Challenge car, Baja chase trucks and countless SEMA display vehicles.

-TRD announced last year that they were exiting the supercharger business. Of course it hit us all as a shock and would have been quite sad however it opened up a great opportunity for Magnuson to sell the product direct.

-Since mid last year we have been actively re-branding the most popular kits and working on all the support details like calibration, improved installation manuals, additional dyno testing and marketing.

-We are proud to announce our current Toyota offering:
3.4L V6 Tacoma, Tundra, 4Runner, T100
4.5L I6 Land Cruiser
4.0L V6 Tacoma and FJ Cruiser (non-roller rocker)
5.7L V8 Tundra (gasoline applications on the shelf +2010-2014 flex fuel, 2015-2016 flex fuel coming soon)

-Applications underway:
2021 Supra ;)
2010+ 4Runner and FJ Cruiser
2016 Tacoma
2016 Tundra
2015+ Flex Fuel Tundra

Please let us know if you have questions, we'll do our best to help you.

Thanks again!

-The Magnuson team

·
Registered
69 Posts
Nice intro and thanks for supporting the Tundra community, I thought I goofed when I bought a flex-fuel 5.7 but it looks like you guys are getting the kinks worked out and I hope to be ordering a supercharger soon

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Any chance you would sell me just the top cover of the supercharged?

I like the Magnuson one better than the TRD cover.

Also, is there any possibility of a TVS2300 unit for the 5.7L platform?

These engines are just starting to be upgraded and modified. A well built forged long block has a lot of potential.

Thanks for your time,
Jon

·
Registered
10 Posts
I currently have your supercharger installed on my flex fuel truck with a Unichip providing the tune. Will you be selling the flex fuel tune and air box separately from the supercharger in the future?

I would love to update my tune.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Welcome and thank you for supporting our community! Magnuson stepping up to the plate where TRD left off made my decision to keep driving Toyota trucks much easier!

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey guys. Thanks for the warm welcome. Will try to keep up with everyone's questions.

-TRD/Magnuson cross compatibility:
Unfortunately there are some mechanical differences in the supercharger interfaces to help us error proof at Magnuson. For example; this way we don't accidentally ship a Magnuson blower with a TRD lid and vice versa.

-Flex fuel program:
We are currently evaluating our pilot build user's feedback to determine the next steps on releasing flex fuel kits and support hardware. Thanks for the question, it helps us with our business plan.

-Larger TVS units:
Also, thanks for this question. I've had some other inquiries as well. If the demand is high we'll usually do it. Let's see what additional inquires we get. We have generic 2300 superchargers on the shelf, for the adventurous fabricator types.

-Tundra 4.7L: Yep made quite a few of these back in early 2000's. They were discontinued sometime mid-2000. We have some service parts in stock, not full kits. In case anyone needs support.

-2016's: This is our number one priority, working on the Magnuson/Bullydog calibration. The hardware fits and folks like Sparks Toyota are pairing the kit with a Unichip with great success.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Dear Magnuson S/C-
Just so you know...I recently bought a 2016 TRD Pro with FFV and I am patiently waiting for you to provide me with Supercharger for this application. Thanks and hurry up! I needs me one of these :)

Also-noted that you used to make the 1.8L TRD SC for the matrix and other applications i.e. MR2 etc
I assume this is for the yamaha 2ZZ engine? Any leads on where a fellow could get one for a 2006 Matrix XRS?
Thanks, Kevin Callaway

·
Registered
13,817 Posts
Welcome, and thanks for joining, and the shared info.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Welcome to TT!

I can attest for everyone here that the group at Magnuson is beyond outstanding and easy to work with. I can't wait to finish up this phase of the FFV SC and see what the future holds in store!

We are also doing a build thread for one of the phase FFV units on my truck listed under the Performance section if you want to follow it.

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
278 Posts
@Magnusonsupercharger

Will you guys be willing to sale the flex fuel bully dog tune itself for the current equipped ffv TRD supercharged guys who have to currently use unichip to run it? There is a ton of guys here patiently waiting and ready to buy it. Including myself. We have been waiting for a proper tune for our setups for a while.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey guys.

Thanks wballen.79, you are helping all of us out a lot, great to partner with enthusiasts like you.

Vu37 and others, we've gotten a lot of calls about TRD supercharger with our BD flex tune. Definitely enough interest to get everyone's ears perked here at Magnuson. I'll push for it and see what we can do.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Hey guys.

Thanks wballen.79, you are helping all of us out a lot, great to partner with enthusiasts like you.

Vu37 and others, we've gotten a lot of calls about TRD supercharger with our BD flex tune. Definitely enough interest to get everyone's ears perked here at Magnuson. I'll push for it and see what we can do.

Appreciate you and magnuson for hearing us out. And pushing it through.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
17 Posts
Incredibly excited to hear that there's a viable, reputable supercharger option out there for us. Few questions though:

- Since it no longer carries the 'TRD' stamp and is truly an aftermarket accessory, what is the impact to our powertrain warranties (even if installed by Toyota techs)?
- What changes to the normal engine maintenance schedule/tasks would be required post update (for both FFV and non-FFV applications)?
- Do you recommend that an update to the stock exhaust system accompany the supercharger install?
- Finally, what's the expected turnaround time on an order? Is there a backlog for the kit?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm in Orange County, so cal. Not too far from you guys out there in Ventura. Can you recommend a great shop to install your super charger on 2012 5.7 tundra?

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Count me in for one of the "others". We even have a Facebook group of just supercharged trucks and there are a few on there. I'd love to Pull the unichip off and utilize just my bullydog (I currently have the bullydog performance shift & unlimited speed installed with stock fuel map.) we found that using other throttle maps made the truck run entirably too lean to be safe. And the unichip causes a stutter shift from 2-3 hence why many are anxious to get the unichip off. Thanks for communicating with us and considering us for it. I'll even pull of my trd cover and install a mag cover if that's what it takes lol.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Hello! I have a 2016 5.7 non-FF and will be very interested in your supercharger. I am hoping you will offer various levels in terms of achievable power. I am use to having fast cars and would love to have a 600hp/550tq Tundra.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts