Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from the midwestern state of Iowa. I found this forum while researching my latest mod for my second Tundra. I bought my first one in 2001 access cab SR5 TRD offroad. Loved the truck for years but the 4.7 did not have enough grunt to pull my camper in the mountains. Sold it and bought a Ford Dually 4x4 crew cab right before Toyota came out with the new 5.7 :( The Ford while a good truck never really did it for me, as I think of myself as Toyota truck guy. Eventually I traded it in on a Rock Warrior a few years back. My truck only gets around 3K miles a year and is used for towing and for pleasure. I kid you not when I say this truck tows my toy hauler smoother and with less effort than my V10 Ford did.

After a bit of research and much waiting for the right plug and play tune to finally come along I pulled the trigger and ordered Magnuson's 5.7 FFV SC kit as I intend to run this truck for many years to come.

A little about me...Mechanical engineer and a gear head from birth. I'm into cars, trucks, motorcycles, etc... The DMV and my insurance companies love me...2 trucks, 4 cars and 14 motorcycles. Other than building and working on projects I love to camp, kayak and generally explore the country as time allows.

Anyway just wanted to say thanks for any information I may have soaked up while trolling your site, and you seem like a genuine decent group of people.

Regards,
Rob

·
Registered
672 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma City. I grew up in Montezuma, Iowa and have an uncle in Marion, Iowa.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts