Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my first Toyota ever!!!! 2013 Double cab in silver, the work truck model. I really like the silver with black trim. I'm not into all the bells and whistles of the SR5 or the limited. Being a hunter and quad owner. I have messed up the inside of a lot of trucks. LOL. A few things I'm looking to do first is, cold air intake, a chip and the N-fab nerf bars. Any advice on these would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Tank

· Registered
165 Posts
Welcome from Louisiana. Congrats!
There are many options for the air intake. Really cant go wrong with any of them. The only CHIP they make for our truck is the Uni Chip. Its not worth the $$ for the gain.
Best thing you can do for our trucks performance wise is the TRD supercharger (but thats alot of $$). Aside from that; intake, exhuast, and long tube headers.
N-Fab nerf bars, good choice!
Good Luck

· Premium Member
2,270 Posts

· Registered
7,534 Posts
welcome from San Diego CA.

Full exhaust is about the best bang for your buck. Volant makes a great intake, but gains are minimal whenever you try to trick the computer into making more power (like an intake does)

Don't waste any money on a chip, there's none out there that actually reprogram the computer, as of now they all try to trick the computer with a module that isn't adaptive, since our ECU is adaptive it kicks the butt of the cheesy module LOL.

· Premium Member
110 Posts
welcome from north georgia!!

your best bet is to search the forum and see what people are selling. sometimes you can find a cheap CAI from someone who is upgrading to a supercharger. and the nfab bars are a good choice too!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.