Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just traded my 2011 SR5 Tundra for a 2014 Limited.
Came with TRD dual exhaust, nice audio, and rear sway bar.

Ditched the factory black running boards.
Just had the Line-x Spray in bed liner done last week.

Looking forward to a DiamondBack HD bed cover and running all the electrical for my ham radio install.
Challenge is that I don't have all the under rear seat room like the 2011. Time to get creative with that useless foam block under the seats !!

Karl

·
Registered
252 Posts
Hey Karl, welcome. If you look under the accessories thread there is a topic there in reference the storage under a crew Max. A company sells an after market system that looks awesome. I'm just afraid to cut on a brand new truck.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
761 Posts
Welcome from NV!!

·
Premium Member
3,918 Posts
All quiet in Baltimore finally? Were you directly affected by the insanity there?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for joining, it's great to have you here

Tony :woot:
I must apologize, it's been way too long since I've been here, thought I'd better re-introduce myself.
Many changes have occurred. Mostly job and time have not allowed any attention to the vehicles and the truck simply became a truck.

The 2014 was rear ended by an airborne Toyota Camry. Numerous attempts to have it fixed properly failed and we had to trade it in.
The first trade in was a 2018 1794 edition. Only had 200 miles when the dealer subcontracted someone to install a remote start.
  • The subcontractor removed the dash and portions of the steering wheel.
  • Sliced through god knows how many wires of the main harness while trying to remove the protective covering that rendering the vehicle useless.
  • The dealer informed us that the entire wiring harness would need to be replaced.
  • It would take Over $7,000 in parts and two Sr. tech 3 days to gut the dash, portions of the cab and engine compartment.
We said NO. There was no way they could guarantee that every connector, nut, bolt, and screw would be replaced in the exact same position and torqued to the correct spec.
- They were forced to supply us with a new vehicle and they had to have it shipped from another state.

So here we are, our 2nd 2018 1794 edition, Ham Radio installed, internal lighting upgraded to LED, and waiting for the LED light bar to arrive.
We hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving

1 - 12 of 12 Posts