Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for info all day and so far keep turning up blanks. Can folks with the OE, Bushwhacker, Stampede, Prestige, eBay, etc. fender flares measure from the top inside of their wheel well to the top of their flares?

I know for example that the OE flares are 1" wide, and the BW pocket styles are 2" wide, but I can't find anywhere information on how high up the fender the flares go. Specifically concerned about the front flare height right around the middle of the wheel well (straight up from the wheel centerline for example).

Thanks!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Lots of folks have flares...it's two seconds with a tape measure people :)

I see that on eBay a lot of the flare vendors actually do list the measurements, and they go from 5.5" for the OE-style knockoffs to 6.5" for the BW knockoffs.

·
Registered
538 Posts
word of advice, dont get the knockoffs on ebay. Sometimes you get lucky and they actually fit right, most of the times they dont fit right and you have gaps.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
word of advice, dont get the knockoffs on ebay. Sometimes you get lucky and they actually fit right, most of the times they dont fit right and you have gaps.
Yeah, that's pretty much what my reading has convinced me of. I'm trying to decide between the OE style from Sparks and the BW painted from TRDParts4U. I'm leaning toward the BWs because I'd like to do a bumper crazy wheels someday and while I know I could always resell the OE flares I'd rather not deal with that hassle, and I won't make back all of their cost.

I'm stuck now trying to figure out which wheel spacers to get so my rig doesn't look wonky in the meantime. Loving my champagne tastes I'm leaning towards Fred's but man they are pricey.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts