Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there. I've searched for these I have a 2019 SR5 crewmax. I had to get this trim level because we are a family of six, I would have gladly gone with more bells and whistles but couldn't due to the seating. My wife is short-ish (5' 3" on a good day) and I need seats that raise so that she can drive it as needed. She has a hard time seeing over the dash with the stock cloth seats that do not raise. The main objective is so that she can raise the driver seat but I'd like to get better seats altogether through a swap.

Questions:
1. The platinum seats do raise up and down, right?
2. Will seats from a 2016 Platinum bolt right in to a 2019 SR5? The guy looked it up but his interchange info only went through 2018.
3. Are there already wiring harnesses on my SR5 under the seats to plug into? or will I need to get wiring harnesses from the donor vehicle to hook up to under the dash somewhere? (I already know that I will need switches.)
4. From others that have posted that the "cooled" seats just use ambient air and do not hook into any venting. I'm guessing everything for that ventilated seat option is self-contained within the seats, is that correct?
5. Does the 2016 Platinum have programmable memory seats? We also have a 2019 Sequoia Platinum and that has all kinds of great things.
6. What else should I be considering? I know I will need to find someone to re-upholster the middle seat in the front to match the stock leather.

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Cloud Vehicle

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I don't know anything about heat/cooling but my 2019 sr5 came with power adjustable drivers seat. The passenger is manual however. I assumed all sr5 would be wired for power seats. I do have the center console with bucket seats.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I also purchased a 6 seat Sr5, the lumber is what got to me.

I only replaced the driver seat, but the experience was easy enough I did it myself in an afternoon.

I picked up a 2015 power seat, the frame bolted in, I reused my 2019 cushion with modifications on the bottom foam.

I got the seat with about 12 inches of pig tail from the doner vehicle, then had to run hot from battery to inside cab with inline fuse.

There are two wires to function the seat, corners of the plug, the rest are sensors for memory function, your Sr5 does not have this, and I suspect it's missing the computer to run it too.

If I were in your shoes, I would skip the memory portion, and just get the power seats, use your one foam and the 2016 frames... Unless you really want to redo the covers... It's easy... I did use my airbag from 2019 on the 2015 frame, just be careful.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts