Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've got an 07 dc sr5. The heat and a.c. both work fine, except for the fact that when you turn the knob to blow on the floor, it blows everywhere but the floor. Any other position and it works as it should, but when you turn it to the floor it blows everywhere else. What should i check to get this figured out. Having it on the defrost or face dries my contacts out and drives me nuts lol. any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anybody have a diagram or explaination of how the vent system works and how i can dig into it and figure out whats wrong?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Probably a long shot, but I had the same issue last winter on a 2008 DC. The solution to the problem for me was when I started looking into it, and found that there was heat coming out on the passenger side at foot level. In my case, the duct had come undone under the driver's side of the dash, on the right side (basically above the gas pedal and right behind the center dash panel). So, the warm air was just blowing under the dash. There is only one fastener holding the entire piece on, and if I remember right it was right in the center. I believe I probably kicked it off getting in or out of the truck. Anyway, might be worth a shot to check it out. The quick story is told if you have air on the passenger's side. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
There's nothing really useful in the service manual. They treat the whole AC amplifier assembly as a black box that just gets replaced as a unit.
For what it's worth, my '07 DC seems to put more heat on the floor with the control knob one click towards defrost than it does in the floor setting.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no, i took out the gauge cluster side of the dash to paint it but other than that no. I'm gonna just start tearing the dash out tomorrow until i find something. Is there something cable operated or is it all inside the ac/heat box?

·
Registered
59 Posts
If I remember correctly they are all electronic controlled. I only took apart mine to do the stereo and to run light bar switches. I didn't run into that issue though.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea, i think it has been that way since i got it, but i never checked when i bought the truck...it was the middle of summer and i don't use ac. but i should have checked the heat.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My 2013 CM is same issue going into the dealer next week it's -27c here where I live and I want floor heat and when switched to floor it blows in my face and the windshield as my feet stay frozen.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
353 Posts
Glad I read this post as my daughter and I were leaving her basketball practice and I decided to put it on the floor as well but noticed that most of the heat was coming from the face level vents. I thought I was going crazy but glad others have had this problem. My daughter kept saying she didn't feel anything on her feet and I was kinda fussing at her saying I know darn well she could. Now I have to apoligize to the 11 year old :) I'll be at the dealaership next week to get it addressed.

·
Registered
353 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I called my yota dealer where my old boss is now the big service boss and is telling me that it's normal and the only thing you can do is shut the dash vents to solve the problem. :(

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
I called my yota dealer where my old boss is now the big service boss and is telling me that it's normal and the only thing you can do is shut the dash vents to solve the problem. :(

That's not entirely true, but at best the heater in the Gen2 Tundra does leave a lot to be desired. It has been that way since '07.
It seems like Toyota designed the system for the RC cab and didn't allow for the extra needed to make the DC and CM cabs comfortable. It will eventually get warm enough to roast you, but it takes a while and the floor area is always cold.

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
My truck turns into an oven rather fast with all the settings working. My A/c works pretty well, but it's Vegas, so it's never good enough.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Oh me, all this time and they still can't get heat right? Something else to check out while truck shopping I reckon. Got to make a list. All the salesmen say, "I've never heard of anyone with that problem..." Name ye issue - real axle bearing, water pump, AIP, blah, blah, blah, they've never known anyone to have it.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Might be a long shot... have you checked/replaced you cabin air filter lately?

·
Registered
830 Posts
And I thought it was only me... I do find heat on my feet to be kinda sub-par, and going from heat/hand setting to just feet setting does not really help--I still feel quite a bit of heat coming out of the dash at me, rather than out of the vent aimed at my feet. What does seem to help is turning off one of the dash vents; that seems to force more to come out of the floor. Where it is dual zone I suspect that you only have to play with the vents on your side; the other side is likely to be unaffected.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts