Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time I turn my headlights on, they blow the 15a fuse. I tried installing ddm tunding HIDs today. After install they blew the passenger headlight fuse every time I turned them on. I took the HIDs out and it still blows the fuse when I turn on the lights. What did I do!!!!???

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
If you are blowing fuses then you have a short. Carefully examine all of the wiring and look for any exposed wire, cuts, etc. Make sure two wires are not touching as well.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
So it's all back to stock and fuse still goes? ^^ What he said, check the wires themselves. If they are all OK, I believe there is a lighting control module, hopefully that is not damaged.

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
Does it pop the fuse if the bulb is NOT in and you turn it on?

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
I'll try that in a little while. What would that indicate?
It would let you know if the short only happens when something is plugged into the bulb socket. An indicator of -possibly- a bad bulb socket.

Just to clarify, your headlight was blowing fuses before you installed the HID kit?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I just removed the head light bulb and the fuse still blows when turned on....

If it is 100% back to stock (all hid bulbs, ballasts, relays, etc removed) then you have a short somewhere, either a pinched or exposed wire or possibly somehow screwed up a factory headlight relay in the process of hooking up the hid lights, not really likely but possible. Since the last time your lights worked have you installed any screws or bolts anywhere?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just happen to run across this thread. Did you ever figure out the problem? I am having the same issue after installing DDM HIDs last night. They work off of the driver side plug, however I get no power to the passenger side light plug now.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I installed my ballasts behind the filler panel below the headlight. I must have hit a wire behind where I installed my ballast with a screw and it was tripping the fuse.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts