Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so I got my Westin HDX headache rack in and was planning on drilling into the bed sides. Now I just glanced since I am not feeling 100%, and if I move too much I get real dizzy.

Anyway, I spent a good 2-3 hours looking for ways other tundra owners mounted theirs but havent found anything. So my main question is, is there a no-drill mounting system other than the clamp I found from another company. I didn't even bother looking much further because i did not want to spend more money towards it if i can find another way.

Now if no one has come up or knows of a no-drill mount, where did others drill to mount theirs? It just seems since our beds "bubble" up near the front, that it would be difficult to mount it. Any help would be appreciated. If I have to get a toolbox and hold it down with that and the no-drill I will, but I don't want to wait that long hahah.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
...was planning on drilling into the bed sides
Did you get an installation guide? These mount on top of the bed rails, with two brackets sitting on either side. Why would you need to drill in to the side of the bed?
The side brackets have two elongated holes on each piece. I'm not sure how you could go wrong, unless you ignore the provided holes on the mount and make your own :confused:

Guide is here:
http://www.carid.com/images/westin/pdf/westin-grille-guards-75-0059-installation-instructions.pdf

Don't forget to post pics once installed.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did not recieve one of those, I see now. And I meant the bed rail caps, Idk why i said bed sides hahah. My Bad, and thank you for the guide, maybe it'll be a little clearer now. Time to test it out.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I once had a back rack on my Tundra. You popped out the caps for the stake pockets and the bolts went down into there and out the hole into the bed. No-holes. I can't imagine the Westin being much different?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya this one requires drilling. Weird I know. They shouldve made it with stakes to go into the pockets, with a hole in the same place as the one in the bed. I got it now though, I'll have it installed 2mrw morning. I started to but almost passed out. Still not feeling well. So ill finish it in the morning or tonight. Being sick sucks.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts