Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Head unit swap?

1K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  norwood 
#1 ·
Recently I bought a double cap sr5 trd tundra 2013. my dad recently bought a crew max limited 2013. his came with the jbl nav head unit. He does not care for the navigavtion and touch screen and would rather have the head unit that came with mine. i think mine it is the basic cd player with xm radio and bluetooth streaming and phone with no jbl. I realize we probably cant just plug and play to do a swap but what would i need to get for my non jbl truck to plug his into mine and mine into his with out completely stripping his of the entire jbl system, lol

thanks

#2 ·
You would have to completely strip both trucks of the stereo systems and swap everything. The wiring should be there in your truck for the subwoofer and amp, it's just not being used.

#4 ·
Yep. You need to totally strip all of the stereo equipment including speakers and the sub and amp out of his and then swap them.

#6 · (Edited)
I doubt it. I haven't looked that close but I would assume that the enclosures are different shapes because the crewmax one goes behind the rear seat and the double cab one goes under the rear seat. Sorry, I missed the two different cab styles in your opening post.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.