Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! Well... It's about that time to replace the head gasket on my 05 DC. Wondering if anyone has a walkthrough resource (alldata, haynes, PDF, links, whatever). Couldn't find alot online. Pretty mechanically inclined, but would love to see what im getting into.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Hey all! Well... It's about that time to replace the head gasket on my 05 DC. Wondering if anyone has a walkthrough resource (alldata, haynes, PDF, links, whatever). Couldn't find alot online. Pretty mechanically inclined, but would love to see what im getting into.

Thanks!
4.7 V8 ?

Either way, why do you think you need a head gasket?

Very rarely do head gasket failures are usually the result of other issues. Very rare can you just replace a head gasket.

I have a friend who let his Ford sit for a while with a bad head gasket and rust got all in the engine.

It is just hard to tell until you break it down.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Yes a 4.7l

Have coolant pouring out the side of my block in the crack of the head. Ran a compression test at the radiator and spewed coolant everywhere from the same spot.

Hasn't broken through to an oil passage.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Yes a 4.7l

Have coolant pouring out the side of my block in the crack of the head. Ran a compression test at the radiator and spewed coolant everywhere from the same spot.

Hasn't broken through to an oil passage.
Check out this video. Might work. I like to listen to this guy....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts