Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I had 2 different encounters once on my Tundra and once on my Celica. My Celica was while i was stationed in SD. I was in the middle of the highway, and I heared a bike on my left side, so when I turned to look for him on my left side I spotted him. Long story short i put my blinker to move to the right, and I looked for him again before i moved still where he was before, as I moved he punched it and blew passed my right side, nearly taking out my mirror.

My other experience was with my Tundra, it was 3 weeks old at the time, and my mom helped me more both my cars from LA to El Centro, I attempted towing it, but paying 350 bux for a carport was not in my immediate budget. Well as we were on the 10 my mother pulled up next to me letting me know to make a pit stop when a bike flew right between us, he was so close a strap on his jacket popped on my driver door. This caused my mother to swerve nearly losing control of the vehicle, once off the freeway I calmed my mother down, and inspected both cars, but nothing came up on either side. Coincidentally, I guess they were both ready for their funeral since they were in black bikes, and dressed completely in black

·
Premium Member
5,342 Posts
I had 2 different encounters once on my Tundra and once on my Celica. My Celica was while i was stationed in SD. I was in the middle of the highway, and I heared a bike on my left side, so when I turned to look for him on my left side I spotted him. Long story short i put my blinker to move to the right, and I looked for him again before i moved still where he was before, as I moved he punched it and blew passed my right side, nearly taking out my mirror.

My other experience was with my Tundra, it was 3 weeks old at the time, and my mom helped me more both my cars from LA to El Centro, I attempted towing it, but paying 350 bux for a carport was not in my immediate budget. Well as we were on the 10 my mother pulled up next to me letting me know to make a pit stop when a bike flew right between us, he was so close a strap on his jacket popped on my driver door. This caused my mother to swerve nearly losing control of the vehicle, once off the freeway I calmed my mother down, and inspected both cars, but nothing came up on either side. Coincidentally, I guess they were both ready for their funeral since they were in black bikes, and dressed completely in black

Hey, I was at Ellsworth for a while.

·
Registered
13,349 Posts
I've always wanted to open up my door when they are zooming between vehicles.
I think that too but I don't for the reason it's against the law to do that. Even though a bike is breaking the law by passing like that it's also against the law to open your door to stop them also.:cool:

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
you can always say you were spitting your chew out, if you chew tabacco

·
F&@k Y'all, I'm from Texas
13,742 Posts
I've always wanted to open up my door when they are zooming between vehicles.
"Officer, I was stopped in traffic and thought I saw something on the road next to the car."

Would be nice sometimes. Or get really close to the car next to you and watch him wedge between them. Not in my truck of course.

·
Registered
141 Posts
yup, ive seen this happen alot. young kids riding bikes. Now w/ the gas prices high, you see alot more bikes on the road. people trying to save gas money, but putting their life on the line.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Yes, it's worth injuring or killing someone because they're irritating you :rolleyes:

Time for a priority check.

Now if they're rolling down the center bashing mirrors and scraping cars, then, sure, weapons free :D

-Dave

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
dude, is that a aftermarket kit on your car? doesn't look factory. or is it soemthing TRD offers.
I found this kit online, and I'm going crazy which way I want to go, first I thought of just a leveling kit since I'm only 5'2 I don't wanna go all crazy like Dez, but its a witch to get in it as it is, besides my 2 midgets, and my wife, but when I ran in to this kit right here it just turned my world upside down. Its a pic (dream) for now.

·
F&@k Y'all, I'm from Texas
13,742 Posts
I found this kit online, and I'm going crazy which way I want to go, first I thought of just a leveling kit since I'm only 5'2 I don't wanna go all crazy like Dez, but its a witch to get in it as it is, besides my 2 midgets, and my wife, but when I ran in to this kit right here it just turned my world upside down. Its a pic (dream) for now.
Promise me you won't do the rear bumper from that kit. The back bumper was horribly done and the way the did their exhaust with that bumper was pretty bad too.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts