Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Never heard of them. I use the VLeds Micro's in mine.

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yes I used that brand in my Spyder lights, they are great. Note with the truck off and the lights on you can hear the fans on the lights. You never notice when driving at all they did go up $20.00 in a year:)

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That sucks....I was hoping for good things.
I turned it on briefly before remounting and they seemed nice but that was short lived.

Problem is after looking at 100 different brands since last night I think I'm going to have this issue with any standard LED bulb other than the V-Led Micros but they aren't as bright.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Whats the issue, fit into the socket or clearance for the fans?
Clearance for the fan housing. There's a piece of metal behind the drivers side light that it hits about 3/4" before the headlight is remounted. I didn't even get to the passenger side. It may or may not have a similar issue. Thankfully I started on the side with the issue or I'd have been really annoyed if I got one all mounted and buttoned up before noticing.

·
Premium Member
8,115 Posts
Clearance for the fan housing. There's a piece of metal behind the drivers side light that it hits about 3/4" before the headlight is remounted. I didn't even get to the passenger side. It may or may not have a similar issue. Thankfully I started on the side with the issue or I'd have been really annoyed if I got one all mounted and buttoned up before noticing.

Sounds like a job for the dremel tool. LOL

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that. Mine did fit in the Spyder headlights and they are real nice. The cut off looking at my gargae wall is the same as the projectors in my wifes Rav4. The nice thing about them is you can adjust teh depth. If you take the time to make them fit (If they can fit) you will like them.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm sorry to hear that. Mine did fit in the Spyder headlights and they are real nice. The cut off looking at my gargae wall is the same as the projectors in my wifes Rav4. The nice thing about them is you can adjust teh depth. If you take the time to make them fit (If they can fit) you will like them.
They aren't even close. If they were I would have broken out the Dremel or something. The headlight is literally 3/4"-1" away from reaching the mounting bracket.

I just ordered the VLED Micro's so I'll see how those are.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yes I put them in by Spyder headlights, I would 100% buy them again.

Reactions: nags

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just installed them in my 2011. 2 minutes extra on each side to trim a single layer of metal and even touched up the raw edge with paint. Mine are 55watts each, 6000k. Tremendous difference! I’d like a sharper cutoff, but the light has a nice overall pattern and longer throw. Nobody has flashed their lights at me yet. Now I need to to do the high beams.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.