Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2017 CM. I'm not trying to deal with any sort of major cutting or bending. I'll remove guards but that's it. I'm, like everyone, trying to fill out the wheel well better.

I'd like to do something taller, but not really much wider than my 285/55/20. So I'm thinking something in the 34 or 35 realm but no wider than about 11.5".

Anyone running such a setup? I have a 3" lift.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm running 35x11.5 with a 3" lift ony 08 DC TRD 4X4 and I had to remove front fender liners and mudflaps (rubbing), add 1.25" spacers to clear the UCA (because I kept the OEM rim with factory offset), and bend the rear corners of the skid plate (rubbing)...

Sent from my XP7700 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eeeee. Well it looks like I may have to stick with a 33-34! I'm surprised that some are able to fit 35's supposedly!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shit. I get 15 right NOW and that was better than the 14 I got before I put on a tonneau cover. Craptastic.

·
Registered
65 Posts

Ya it looks mean though..If you don't have the 5.7 I wouldn't even attempt it...I lost about 4 mpg on my 5.7...

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Ya it looks mean though..If you don't have the 5.7 I wouldn't even attempt it...I lost about 4 mpg on my 5.7...
That's because you are running mud tires with heavy duty sidewalls. The tire diameter isn't what kills your MPGs.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm going to try my luck at keeping the TSS wheels. I can't confirm from the wheel used but from what I've read here it's a +50

·
Registered
57 Posts
Our truck is on 295/60-20's and rubs a little bit while turning and reversing. With some minor trimming/clearancing up front I think you could get the 65's to work.

·
Registered
33 Posts
This is the UCA clearance on mine with Nitto Ridge Grappler (295/55R20) on stock 20" TSS wheel (no rubbing). You might get away with 295/60R20 under there. The 295/65R20's would not fit mine without wheels spacers or a wheel with a different offset.

Attachments

Reactions: TMMTX

·
Registered
1,184 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,044 Posts
I'm running 285/75r18's (35x11.5) on a 3" coilover lift. Had to remove the front mudflaps and push the fender liner forward but no other modifications. All on a +18mm offset wheel.

Attachments

Reactions: Braultboy

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
I'm running 305/55/20 on stock TSS rims for 2wd CM. Before I added the 5100s on top setting, the only rub I had was a full lock on the front (bumper side). Nothing now that I added the bilstiens.

Reactions: TMMTX

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hmmm.

So it looks like a 285/65/20 may actually work if a 305/55 does on a 3" lift.

·
Registered
65 Posts
That's because you are running mud tires with heavy duty sidewalls. The tire diameter isn't what kills your MPGs.
It's mostly the width pushing more air but also has alot to do with the extra weight due to the overall size...

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
It's mostly the width pushing more air but also has alot to do with the extra weight due to the overall size...
Both are tiny effects, the weight especially.

The big one is hysteresis from deforming the tire as it rolls. Stiff casings and mud treads have a lot of hysteresis. Friction is generated and heat. That's why the speed rating is lower as well.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts