Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently moved into the city a few weeks ago and just got my internet up and running.

My problem is that I can not get TundraTalk.net to upload on my home computer. It figures that the only site that I give two $hits about I can’t enjoy in the comforts of my own home. My work, and the clubhouse in my community both used the same service as me, and I can access TT.net with no problems. I’ve been on the phone with tech support for hours and can not figure out what the issue is:eek: :eek:

Has anyone else had this problem; I’m like going through withdraws here! lol

·
F&@k Y'all, I'm from Texas
13,742 Posts
It's a conspiracy against you. It's like cell phone coverage, you are in a TT dead zone. Better move.

Only reason I can think of that would block an IP would be if someone added it to the router's blocked websites list. Have you been on TT a lot and ignoring a spouse? Or maybe hogging the computer too much browsing through TT? Maybe they blocked it in the router and didn't tell you.

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have been having issues with my modem ever since I got the service. I did a tracert on the command prompt at home and everything seemed ok? At my prior house I could access TT with no problems. However I did rent the modem from Comcast, so it is a possibility that something is jacked up in it. They are bringing me a new modem tomorrow. We will see if that is the issue. I also have the tech support researching this problem.

Thankfully my girlfriend supports my Tundra habits. Conspiracy? I would not doubt it, crazier things have happened:)

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
hmmmm have you tried restarting everything ie. your computer the modem and stuff like that ? i had issues before but once you restart everything it sometimes work also it helps to stand on your roof and ask jesus why he's taking away your tt.net lol maybe he'll feel bad and let you go on :? lol

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I’ve restarted everything, and no such luck. Haha, I don’t know about the whole roof thing bro, my mother did not raise no fool:)
Last night I tried inserting just the IP address and it gave me the GM news site. I have a new modem coming today, so hopefully it was just a modem issue, and not a server issue.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Do you have a router? Have you tried bypassing the router and connecting directly through the modem? I had this happen to me with a website, and I couldn't access it for weeks, if not a month before I stumbled upon what cured it, and I for the life of me can't remember what it was that cured it. I think it was a virus blocking me from my most visited site, I gotta remember to stay away from the pron sites o_O

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do you have a router? Have you tried bypassing the router and connecting directly through the modem? I had this happen to me with a website, and I couldn't access it for weeks, if not a month before I stumbled upon what cured it, and I for the life of me can't remember what it was that cured it. I think it was a virus blocking me from my most visited site, I gotta remember to stay away from the pron sites o_O
I’ve tried it all; resetting the modem/ router (they are a two in one deal), checked parental controls (I am renting the modem), inserting the IP address, deleting the cookies and site memory etc, hooking up directly to modem/ router, shutting off my firewall and lowering all my securities to nothing, no the phone with tech support for hours, and running a virus program, two add wear/ spy wear programs, defrag, and a few other things I can’t recall right now. I’m at a complete loss.

Now every time I try to access Tundratalk.net I get redirected to ask.com? So I removed the ask.com toolbar from my control panel and now it just says page cannot be displayed.
I’ve tried using my girlfriends laptop as well and get the same results. I go to work which is three miles from my home and uses the same provider and I in there like swimwear.

My next attempt is calling the Geek Squad:eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Get a Mac!

How's the badge removal going?
A Mac will be my next shot lol. If I keep on this site someone at work is going to notice.

This weekend I had access to a lift so I redid the undercarriage on the truck in stead. I’m starting the debagging this week. If you look at the thread “What have you done to your truck this week”, I have before and after pictures up.

Have you start on your’s yet?

·
Administrator
39,325 Posts
No, not yet. Had to go outta town last weekend but I will probably do it this week. Its just too damn hot here right now! I'm still trying to get motivated! :)

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I hear ya on that. It’s been hot down here in the city, and holding a heat gun is not what I really want to be doing on a 100 degree + day. I just hope that my door guards are fully adhesive and not partially clipped on… I’d hate to have holes down the sides of my truck:(

·
Administrator
39,325 Posts
I hear ya on that. It’s been hot down here in the city, and holding a heat gun is not what I really want to be doing on a 100 degree + day. I just hope that my door guards are fully adhesive and not partially clipped on… I’d hate to have holes down the sides of my truck:(
That wouldn't be good!

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good luck in your endeavors.
Thanks Mickey... Vote Ironman02 haha jk:)

Yeah I’m looking in my tear down manual tonight to see how they are fastened. It is a real eye sore you know. I took off my nerf bars this weekend before I started the under carriage and that helped a ton. Eventually I’m going to paint this beast orange with a 18” 20” black rim upgrade.

·
Registered
13,349 Posts
Only problem Tony's going back to chevy. He never liked being in a Toyota. It really flared up this season when Kyle is kicking everyones butt. Even my guy #48

1 - 17 of 17 Posts