Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the hardest hitting sub setup for under the rear seat of a DC? Any ideas and pics would be great. Im a bit of a bass head trying to figure out how to get as much bass as possible out of a very little space. :headbanger:

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
I'm sure you know there is really no "right" answer your question. Start with the basics; a well built box of the proper volume, a quality sub and a lot of power. That should get close, then it can be fine tuned from there.

I have used the Kenwood Excelon and Kicker CVT slim subs with good success.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I fully understand there is no "right" answer. Im looking more for opinions on the several options that are out there and feed back from real owners with them in application, as opposed to people that have them in other vehicles.

·
"BHLM Master"
3,232 Posts
2 Phoenix Gold 12" slim subS, custom built ported box under the entire rear seat. The two ports are on the passenger side and the 2 subs on the drivers side. They fire downward. A Phoenix Gold 600 wt amp drives them-Slams damn hard!

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have a CM so I have a little more space than you. Can you get me some measurements. I know you don't have a ton of space so you will have to make up for that with power. I think I am one of the louder CM owners with no CUSTOM work done to the seats or seats removed.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I'm getting the jl 7w8 stealth box installed next week..best I could find. ..will advise

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: Surfer J

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've got two 12" Rockford fosgate subs In a box made for a 08 DC. Just slides under the rear seats, already cut out for 60/40 seat brackets and seat belts, only pushing them with 500w Rockford amp. But they hit so hard my rearview fell off.
May have been poor glue but I like to blam it on the subs.......;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've got two 12" Rockford fosgate subs In a box made for a 08 DC. Just slides under the rear seats, already cut out for 60/40 seat brackets and seat belts, only pushing them with 500w Rockford amp. But they hit so hard my rearview fell off.
May have been poor glue but I like to blam it on the subs.......;)
I was wondering about these. I found them for a good price but I wasn't sure if they would give me the "feel it in your chest" kind of bass I was looking for.

·
Registered
179 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
2 JL Audio 10W1v2's in a Fox Acoustics ported enclosure. It goes very low and absolutely slams.

Attachments

·
Registered
284 Posts
JL just rolled out a new W3 10" JL shallow mount Sub, has more flex / range then there 13". I'm breaking one in now and it sounds great so far, hits low and kills the 13". I know a guy that put two in his truck.. mine shakes everything.. I'm pushing it with a 400 watt RMS alpine Mon amp. i'm also using a 4 channel Alpine for the other speakers..

Attachments

·
Registered
535 Posts
JL just rolled out a new W3 10" JL shallow mount Sub, has more flex / range then there 13". I'm breaking one in now and it sounds great so far, hits low and kills the 13". I know a guy that put two in his truck.. mine shakes everything.. I'm pushing it with a 400 watt RMS alpine Mon amp. i'm also using a 4 channel Alpine for the other speakers..
Uh oh... I see something in my future...

·
HID Retrofit Lord
1,481 Posts
Looking good, I also had two JL before but they were to loud for me, but I had them on 600w amps, do you think what you have right now will be ok with 300w amp?
I want a clean bass

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
284 Posts
Looking good, I also had two JL before but they were to loud for me, but I had them on 600w amps, do you think what you have right now will be ok with 300w amp?
I want a clean bass

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Yeah I think it will work fine with 300 watts. If you are using a nice amp no issues.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
How much for that new JL sub and box? That may be exactly what I'm looking for

·
Registered
284 Posts
How much for that new JL sub and box? That may be exactly what I'm looking for

I went to a shop I have for years they gave me a trade in on my Memphis sub, that would not fit under my seat.

I'll pull my receipt and see if it list them separate.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts