Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about putting an antenna on the front fender, for 2m, maybe CB also. What mount have others used, and does anyone have photos? I'm still thinking about what to do, what my options are, etc.

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
Since taking these pics I have actually replaced the elbow with a spring in order to prevent snapping antennas (again) but same concept as the pics.

I secure it with the little bracket you see on the right when it's not in use:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Very nicely built Tundra. Just wondering how your routed the feedline from inside to the HF antenna in the bed? You don't happen to have a picture, do you?

Jack
2014 Tundra SR5 (totally stock)

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Here is my NMO-30 antenna installation for my FD VHF-Lo 2-Way radio. Coax goes through the fire wall by way of the factory grommet. The holes were already there from a previous installation of a 2-Way radio for the paving company that leased my truck before I bought it.

Sorry for the dirty truck in the pictures.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine is similar but I used a Pro Fit mount for no holes drilled.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I had the comet mount on my hood, but my antenna (quad band)was too large for it and was flexing the hood pretty bad. Moved it to a stake pocket mount.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just wondering how your routed the feedline from inside to the HF antenna in the bed?
On my 2011, there are two, hard to see from the outside, rubber plugs plugging a 5/8" hole on both sides of the cab's rear wall, about 12" down from the bed top and about 12" in from the sides. Looking down between the bed and cab, look for the 2" round recesses on the cab wall. That's where they are.

From the inside, you have to remove the back seat (preferably) and the plastic trim piece from the cab's rear corner. Then, you have an easy pass-thru for your coax to the bed.

Also, I highly recommend the bed track mounts for your antenna. You can easily make one or purchase one from REP Designs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.