Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to use the DIY BHLM Halo install for foglights? I found the link to aacstyle and they mention cutting open the foglights for this DIY . I notice there is some type of sealant on the lens and housing of the foglight which makes me want to bake it rather the cutting it open.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

· Registered
1,894 Posts
Baking it won't work. The sealant isn't the same stuff that is used on head lights. The whole thing would melt before the sealant would let go of the lens. I used a cutting wheels on a Dremmel, and once the lens was off I hit the edges with sanding tool to remove any excess adhesive. Then I had to use a bit to make the hole in the back a little bigger because I've got the color shift kit and all the wires would not fit through the original hole. Then I used clear silicon adhesive to seal the lens back on the housing. I put extra along the line on the it side. Also I filled the hole in the back where the wires are pulled through with the silicon adhesive as well. Set a 5 pound weight on top of the lens for constant pressure. Let it sit for a few hours then took a razor to cut off all excess adhesive. Also I believe you do not want to paint the fog light or it can mess it up.... But I could be wrong.

Reactions: YiNyAnG

· "BHLM Master"
3,193 Posts
What Serb said my friend. In doubt, send them down to me

· Registered
1,894 Posts
Welcome, it's real easy to do, just take your time. Especially if your using a Dremmel go slow cause there is a small lip under the sealant that you don't want to cut off. You could also use a small hand saw.

Reactions: Big Tundra
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.