"Resident Liberal"
12,237 Posts

·
Premium Member
319 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Idk why i have 15 glocks. Lol. Wife said i have more guns in my closet than clothes. Hell, she doesnt even know whats in the safe.

Heres a couple more recent builds.

Sending the 34 off to agency arms for a full build here soon. Also picked up a AR47 from PSA for 550 shipped with 3 mags. Couldnt resist.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts

Heading to the range tomorrow morning, going to sleep well tonight ?

Full auto Cobray M10 with a Lage Mk2 upper. Also bringing my full auto M16 with 10.5" Barrel and ACOG.

It is definitely easier to bring larger stuff to the range in my Tundra than it was in my Fiat!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I was wondering why there was no new activity on http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/off-topic-discussion/148906-guns-ammo-part-ii.html

I participated in the military rifle shoot at my club range yesterday, lots of fun and camaraderie. For the pre-1945 match I shot my S.A. M1Garand and for the post-1945 category, my Mosin-Nagant M-44 carbine (nicknamed "The Beast"). 3 positions (standing, kneeling, and sitting) and 10 rounds in each position. Out of a possible 300 points, I scored a 197 with the Mosin-Nagant, and 198 with the Garand. Not the best, but not the bottom. I need to wait for the official results to see where I placed with the other guys. Everyone there was a veteran, including the event coordinator/judge. Since there were only 6 participants, the event was over at 1130, and we still had the range until 1330. So, I decided to play with my Mosin-Nagant 91/30 Tactical Sniper rifle. It now sports a Witt Machine clamp-on muzzle brake. Custom fitted and finished in black Cerakote, it knocks the recoil in half, and completely eliminated the muzzle flash. Good investment for $104 without having to modify my barrel any further.

Below is the target we shot at. As usual, I share my toys, and get great enjoyment out of seeing other guys that share my passion having fun as well. While I need more practice to improve my groups, the other two guys are still sharp with their skills.

In the next few weeks, I plan on going as a guest to the local range which is 200 yards.

·
Registered
241 Posts
So I went to an estate auction Sat, they had some reloading supplies in the pile. Ended up bidding on a bunch of boxes of random -i mean really random stuff. I think when they packed this guy's place up - they just dumped stuff in boxes.
But - along with the reloading gear - I ended up with about 1500 rounds of 40 ammo, bunch of HP stuff and a whole pile of 180 grain flat points.
probably another 1000 empty cases...and components to make another 1000

Now I'm considering... sell the 40 ammo, or buy a 40??? since I've now got all the 40 loading gear too.

My only downside - I'm a 1911 guy. although I love my hi-powers too. Just not a striker guy. tried a few - but didn't shoot them all that well. 40's seem to be entirely the realm of striker guns

·
Registered
104 Posts
My only downside - I'm a 1911 guy. although I love my hi-powers too. Just not a striker guy. tried a few - but didn't shoot them all that well. 40's seem to be entirely the realm of striker guns
I think Para makes a 1911 in 40s&w so check them out!

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
Idk why i have 15 glocks. Lol. Wife said i have more guns in my closet than clothes. Hell, she doesnt even know whats in the safe.
Glocks suck, or so I'm told..
I'm down to 10...>:D

The 2 favorites..

Gen 2 G21..

Gen 2.5 G33..

I have guns in my safe that wife has no idea how much they are worth..

·
Registered
419 Posts
nice 226's guys!! love those!!!

·
Premium Member
8,114 Posts
Took the new guns to the range yesterday. The 50 Beowulf is insane. (and wow my shoulder hurts)

Ammo is Alexander Arms 335gr JHP. got them for about 1.40 per round.

Here's a teaser from the video. I just have to find some (hopefully free) software to render the high speed in slower motion than windows movie maker will. Filmed with a GoPro hero 3 black at 720 with a frame rate of 120fps. The best I could get without going down to 420.

In about 50 miliseconds it's GONE.

This shows how far away the melon was. Right before that target you see straight ahead. About 100ft. Chunks of melon were landing on the roof above us.

Also took out an old broken oscope from work. Hit it about a 1/2 inch low. Not to bad for iron sights that I didn't touch after installing.

Once I render the videos, I'll post the links.

What a good time.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Reactions: Snelly40

·
Premium Member
8,114 Posts
Another pic from my range day. I think my new favorite gun is the Beretta M9 I bought from a buddy. Dam that thing fires smooth. This is one mag. 15 rds. Only the second time I've shot it.

No, the outside edge ones weren't mine. I did pull that one at the top though.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I got a text message from my neighbor early yesterday morning, wanting to know if I wanted to join him and his wife for some shooting at his place (otherwise known as a play-date). I helped him mount and zero a holographic sight on his M1A SOCOM II. Got my Streamlight TLR-4 Light/Laser zeroed on my 1911 at about 33 feet, and it works great. We blasted gallon milk jugs of water and a couple of old spray paint cans, as well as some silhouette man targets. We also smacked the swinging steel plate and finished destroying a couple of swinging bowling pins. Watching his wife blast milk jugs with the SOCOM was pretty funny, because she yells out with each shot. Along with my 1911 and his M1A, I shot my Zastava M48A and Ruger GP161. He shot his Beretta 92, and she her Ruger LC9 (in Lavender, of course). What was supposed to be only 1 1/2 hours of fun turned into over 3. The M48A in 8mm with 196 grain soft points turns 1 gallon of water into a cloud of mist, and the jug into shreds of plastic.

There are some videos. If I can get them I'll post them.

·
"Resident Liberal"
12,237 Posts
I don't have a "hollow" or as we say here "holler" like Hickok45 does but I have spinnging targets, some pans hanging and a few post sticking up out of the ground to sit pop bottles and spray cans on. All at different distances.

Everyone that has shot there just has to waste ammo shooting at a target with a pistol at 50 yards instead of the spinning targets at 30-50 feet.

It's kind of grown up and got away from me over the summer but I will get it all cleaned up and the kids will come down once the weather changes and the bugs aren't so bad.

It's honestly one of my favorite things to have my kids and their spouses come down and spend a few hours shooting targets and giving each other grief.

Both my daughters are crack shots due to me starting them off when they were little.

They are both married now, and they can both outshoot their husbands but they were also always able to outshoot the boyfrieds they had over. Some of them would get really upset.

·
Premium Member
8,114 Posts
Got one of the exploding Watermelon videos edited. It's not the best, I'll likely redo it at some point. The GoPro software had a setting for smoothing the slow mo, I think it made it worse.

Here's the first one.

Reactions: TRDAWG and StevenD
1 - 20 of 1728 Posts