Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a vault in my 2017 Tundra but I dont have quick access to my pistol. Anyone using a gun magnet? Where did you mount it, did you use tape or scews?

thanks
Mike

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a drop in Toyota console safe and just screwed the magnet to the inside sidewall before I dropped it in. I tried to use the double sided tape at first, but it didn't last.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, I want something under my dash or something not in the safe, I dont want to have to open the console to access my pistol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
425 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have had a magnet type for about 3 years and I love it. I placed it directly above my right leg. This way if there were any attempt to car-jack, the gun would be right there next to where my keys are dangling. I installed the magnet mount with 1 inch wood screws. This works very well with the thin plastic. I prefer the magnet mount over my safe for obvious reasons but I'll use the safe when I'm going into a location that prohibits the guns. Also, in my unique situation, I have a safe mounted in the utility storage space under the back seat. Nobody makes a console safe for my year pickup (2002 Tundra Limited) In fact, several people say they do but I end up sending them back because they don't fit. The safe I have under the back seat is one of those little things that are secured with a heavy duty cable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts