Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo

I'm Guido, not 'cause I'm a bodybuilder from Joisey but because some wiseass thought I looked like Father Sarducci decades ago back when SNL was funny.
I've been in Tundras since a few months after the 2K models were released, fought with the shitty brakes etc.
Now I'm in a 2011 after totalling my 2006 1G. Uninsured third-worlder driving in Houston, who'da thunk?
I'm currently trying to install a redundant camera system that plays on my new HU instead of the "squint at your rear view mirror" model. Plus the stock low-to-medium fidelity sucks, so new speakers and amps all around as well.

-guido out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, MetalMonkey

Damn near virginal lookin' G1 there, 02'-03'? That's going strictly by the wheels.
As much as I like the idea of a Texas made truck, it's gotta be hard to beat the Japanese models for quality.

Wish my '06 hadn't gotten trashed. Only had 180K on it, too. Had 265K on my '00 when things other than motor prompted me to give it up.

-guido out

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
Thanks, MetalMonkey

Damn near virginal lookin' G1 there, 02'-03'? That's going strictly by the wheels.
As much as I like the idea of a Texas made truck, it's gotta be hard to beat the Japanese models for quality.

Wish my '06 hadn't gotten trashed. Only had 180K on it, too. Had 265K on my '00 when things other than motor prompted me to give it up.

-guido out
This rig came to me second hand ~ the original owner was a Toyota parts man and he tripped over the wheels & tires until he bought this Tundra.
The wheels must have come off of a 2002-2003 Limited Tundra ~ my rig came with steel wheels.
It's a 2005 RCLB Work Truck ~ it's the nicest vehicle I've ever owned and it's a bottom of the line Tundra.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello MetalMonkey

Never even heard of those, much less seen one. Mighty fine rig, sure have taken care of it.
It'll probably run forever.

-guido

1 - 5 of 5 Posts