Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, when signing the paperwork for my truck, I also opted to get Guidepoint vehicle location service as well.

It wasn't installed, but is scheduled to be installed next week.

Now I'm having doubts. They originally offered a Guidepoint kit with a remote start. I opted out of that one, only because I'd prefer to use OEM components.

Does anybody know anything about Guidepoint? Is it a good service? Does it allow me to simply utilize the factory key fob?

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
I have never heard of it, and personally I wouldn't like some random company having the ability to unlock my truck, or be able to disable the engine, or be able to track me.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have never heard of it, and personally I wouldn't like some random company having the ability to unlock my truck, or be able to disable the engine, or be able to track me.
It's like a Lo-Jack with more features. I'm thinking I might skip on it... even though I already paid for it in the contract.

Maybe they'll be kind enough to let me get the VIP remote start instead...

·
Registered
206 Posts
I would stay away fromany factory/OEM remote start. Had one for a short while on my last truck and it sucked. The worst thing about it was that it was set to turn the engine off when you unlocked the door to get in and you then had to start it up again. I never understood why they programmed it like that.

·
Registered
67 Posts
When i worked at Honda they used guidepoint in their vehicles. It's basically a better lojack. Say your car gets stolen, with Lojack, you activate it, then the police have to find it. With guidepoint, you can log onto a website and see where your car went. It will display the route, and where the vehicle currently is. If its moving, it will show direction and vehicle speed, on a map with street names. It's pretty cool actually.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts