Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas. First off let me say that I don't own a Tundra, but rather a Titan. I know, I know, I'm the evil one right? Well, I had researched the Tundra for many, many months before making my purchase. I had my heart set on a DC 4x4 TRD 5.7L in pyrite mica, until I saw the price tag. Well coming out of college and needing a new truck, I knew that I couldn't afford that right now. I test drove every "domestic" truck and did not have the feeling like I had when I test drove the Tundra. Anyways, I was on a Ford dealership's lot and saw a 2006 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4x4 in the used car lot. I had yet to test drive a Nissan yet, so I took it for a spin. Long story short, I really like the Titan and I got them to come down quite a bit on the price.

Anywho, I've modded the Titan out a bit since I've had it in my possession (2.5" Sway-A-Way coilovers, PRG Upper Control Arms and Donahoe Racing rear shocks). Also, I have 285/70/R17 BFGoodrich A/T KOs on the truck that work wonderful in all types of situations. I absolutely love the way it rides now and it still has quite a bit of power (I know, not as much as the 5.7 but hey, I still enjoy it).

I've decided that when the diesels come available in 2009-2010 that I will be looking to purchase another truck. I'm curious as to what Toyota and Nissan will come out with and will definitely be test driving both of them. Until then, I'll be around the forum every now and then and I look forward to getting to know you fellas.

May the battles between our two trucks always be friendly!:)

·
Registered
696 Posts
Hey fellas. First off let me say that I don't own a Tundra, but rather a Titan. I know, I know, I'm the evil one right? Well, I had researched the Tundra for many, many months before making my purchase. I had my heart set on a DC 4x4 TRD 5.7L in pyrite mica, until I saw the price tag. Well coming out of college and needing a new truck, I knew that I couldn't afford that right now. I test drove every "domestic" truck and did not have the feeling like I had when I test drove the Tundra. Anyways, I was on a Ford dealership's lot and saw a 2006 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4x4 in the used car lot. I had yet to test drive a Nissan yet, so I took it for a spin. Long story short, I really like the Titan and I got them to come down quite a bit on the price.

Anywho, I've modded the Titan out a bit since I've had it in my possession (2.5" Sway-A-Way coilovers, PRG Upper Control Arms and Donahoe Racing rear shocks). Also, I have 285/70/R17 BFGoodrich A/T KOs on the truck that work wonderful in all types of situations. I absolutely love the way it rides now and it still has quite a bit of power (I know, not as much as the 5.7 but hey, I still enjoy it).

I've decided that when the diesels come available in 2009-2010 that I will be looking to purchase another truck. I'm curious as to what Toyota and Nissan will come out with and will definitely be test driving both of them. Until then, I'll be around the forum every now and then and I look forward to getting to know you fellas.

May the battles between our two trucks always be friendly!:)
My best friend is my arch-rival at the track. Nothing wrong with healthy competition so long as everyone remains civil, respectful and can enjoy a cold one together at the end of the day.

If you've been around race tracks as long as I have you know car enthusiasts and people who race are one big family no matter what they brought to the track. I've seen plenty of mechanics from one team lend parts, tools and physical labor to help their competition just so they could have their car ready for the next race.

Welcome to the site.

·
Registered
341 Posts
hello, welcome to the site. Theres no shame in owning a nissan and craving a tundra :) I think the titans are nice looking trucks, and you say you got a used 06 which is way more truck then a 06 tundra so I think you did the right thing having owned a 06 tundra and it just wasnt enough TRUCK for me. congrats on your purchase and hope you enjoy it has much as I enjoy mine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts