Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone just wanted to throw some stuff out there and see if I could get some help...

I'm currently deployed to Afghanistan and I'm looking at buying either a brand new or a like new Tundra 4x4 Crewmax. I haven't decided on the TRD or just SR5 yet but we'll get there.

The wife and my father are back stateside trying to find me one and I'm really just wanting it perfect when I get back.(Call me selfish, but I think this one time I can get what I want haha)

Here is where you guys come in...I'm wanting to get pointed in the right direction here on the forums for a couple things....

Lift kit, I really would like 6", whats the best way to go about doing that? And what brand to you recommend or combo of brands.

Exhaust, I really want the thing to be loud, not obnoxious at idle, but when I get on it, I'd like to know it!

Wheels...ehh I'm wanting to put the truck up in the air...but I don't know the best wheel size and tire size...basically I'm a complete noob that wants a badass truck to drive around and haul some other toys.

Thanks a ton guys, thanks for all the help and God Bless.

-Diesel

·
Premium Member
3,918 Posts
I have no answer or opinions on wheels or lifts but I would look at BAMufflers for exhaust. Do a search on this site for BAMufflers and watch some of the videos and read reviews, members here love Kieth's work. He'll customize it to your desired sound and his systems are known for having no drone to them. Good luck stay safe and thx for your service.

·
Banned
5,396 Posts
As for which tundra u should buy, u should probably go for the basic model tundra if u are goin to upgrade everything. No reason to get a trd if u are goin take it all off, as for lift Idk about those to much but I see a lot of people goin with bds lifts. Wheels and tires depends on your preferences 35" tires on 20" rims looks good but the best ride will be with a 17"-18" rim

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks brother, I'll check it out!! I think after looking around I'm gonna go with the BA muffler. After talking a bit with Keith and watching some videos...I haven't found a better sound exhaust system.

The lift kit...man I'm just gonna have to keep trying....

I wonder if I should just get the TRD wheels then, they are 17 right?

·
Registered
768 Posts
Ill echo the BAMuffler suggestions, while I don't have one personally, I will definitely be getting one ASAP. There's just to many excellent reviews on here to ignore them.

Thanks again for your service, keep yourself safe and good luck with your build, hopefully you'll share it with us here on Tundra Talk.

·
Banned
5,396 Posts
Thanks brother, I'll check it out!! I think after looking around I'm gonna go with the BA muffler. After talking a bit with Keith and watching some videos...I haven't found a better sound exhaust system.

The lift kit...man I'm just gonna have to keep trying....

I wonder if I should just get the TRD wheels then, they are 17 right?
The trd wheels are 18". I also say the BAmuffler is the best choice! !! I am getting the long tube headers, mid pipes with dual exhaust next week, I can't wait it will be sick!!!! Btw if u want to go with king shocks on a lift Keith can get those for u also!!! If u want to go with another lift my boy Ryan at 4wheel parts out here in Vegas can try to get u a good deal on one. He is a fellow tundra owner and will be honest with u

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow, thanks guys I've talked to Keith earlier and hopefully I can get something squared away with the BAmufflers here as soon as I get the truck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts