Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought the update CD. Have never updated before. Before I get started, are there any surprises that I will encounter? I assume all my flags and addresses will disappear and my phones will have to be re synced again.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Answered my own question. Ejected old disk, inserted new one and that was it. Way too easy......thought it could not be that easy. My phones were still paired all my flags were still there. Wow! But why would they charge you so much ($170) to just update your maps? Oh well, I'll update in another 6 years.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
But why would they charge you so much ($170) to just update your maps?
Just like gasoline and pharmaceuticals. They charge that much because they can get away with it.

Reactions: Wacked

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Dude, Pirate Bay!
I got mine free!
I used a copied disc on the wife's Lexus. All was fine until the battery was disconnected, then the GPS would not boot, it just showed a warning sign.

I put the old DVD back in and it worked fine. I left the old one in. Don't throw away your original MAP DVD if you are going to use unconventional means.

·
Registered
134 Posts
What is the current DVD version? I got mine with my 2012 tundra that I bought back in Sept 2012. any newer version after that? If so, then I'll hunt for downloads.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts