Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks great, and will be posting pics soon!

I did the ReadyLift 3/2, and put 35s on. Nitto Trail Grapplers on stock RockWarrior wheels.

Now the truck pulls a bit to the left and feels a bit "floaty" is this all an alignment issue? Or do I need UCA to eliminate this feeling. Or do I just chalk this up to part of a lifted truck an live with it.

The installers already did an alignment, should I request another?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Coastie,

Thanks for the response. Could u explain further, I'm new here.

Are u saying that i'd get some rubbing there? Or the suspension angles would cause for an odd sensation when driving that I really need to adjust?

And wheel spacers would fix this and not UCAs.

I don't remember this change in driving characteristics when I lifted my 4runner. But maybe it's normal.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Post your alignment specs. Do your specs look like SoCal's recommendations or the ones I posted in his stickied thread? My truck is not floaty and does not pull, it sounds like the alignment is not set right. Nothing to do with the UCA, with a 3" lift you should not need UCAs'.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Coastie,

Thanks for the response. Could u explain further, I'm new here.

Are u saying that i'd get some rubbing there? Or the suspension angles would cause for an odd sensation when driving that I really need to adjust?

And wheel spacers would fix this and not UCAs.

I don't remember this change in driving characteristics when I lifted my 4runner. But maybe it's normal.
He's saying your tires might be really close to rubbing on the UCA which you would need wheel spacers to move them out further away from the UCA.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Trail Grapplers are E rated in that size. 30 Psi is low for them. Read the sidewall and see what it says the max cold psi is. I'd run them about 38 or 40

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys,

I am really close to the stock UCAs (about a fingers width). Is it actually rubbing? I won't honestly know until tomorrow, but it's close. I see 3 ways of fixing this...

1) spacers - not a big fan of this idea because of upkeep and potentially unsafe.

2) new UCAs - I don't want to have to do this, but I will if it'll be clear of rubbing

3) New wheels - well as long as I use the Method Double Standards that actually fit the new tires I'm okay with this idea. It is my understanding that these wheel would solve the problem. Correct?

Which of these three seems best to you guys?

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Spacers aren't unsafe, had them on an old truck, no issues. Wheels would solve your problem since aftermarket wheels have less positive offset that stock. It's up to you wheels or spacers, either will work to move the tires away from the UCA.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
All I was trying to say is a floaty feeling is possibly the 35's with low air pressure... Why not try to do a free fix first. Floaty feeling won't have nothing to do with the UCA's.

·
Registered
38 Posts
On a 35 inch 10ply tire 30 PSI is low!! Air them bad boys up you will gain uca clearance, probably loose most of the float feeling and keep your tires from cupping in the middle. Read suggested tire pressure on side wall I would run 45 ish minimum.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts